Corsair Community

Microphone does not work on my Corsair HS1A (Analog) Headset

fuddy12345

The microphone does not work on my Corsair HS1A (Analog) headset. At first, when I tried to test my microphone, all I heard was static. I looked through all of the audio settings via the control panel and the Realtek audio software to ensure everything was correct. I reinstalled my audio drivers and thankfully the static was gone, however, the mic still does not work. I can speak in whatever volume I want and it wont pick up a thing. I have tried to use this headset with another computer and my personal computer's front audio jacks and back audio jacks and the microphone still does not work. Note that I do not have a dedicated sound card, both the computers at my house have integrated sound cards. All help will be greatly appreciated.

You have two microphone ports on your machine: 1 on the front, 1 on the back.

Start your machine and allow it to boot into windows normally without your headset plugged in.

Once you are in Windows, plug your headset's green audio jack into your front panel green port. You should get a pop up stating that something was plugged in and was it headphones? Then do the same with the microphone.....

Now go to control panel, and then to sound. Under recording devices you should see two microphone entries for your realtek. Try selecting either one of the entries and choose "set as default"

Then simply speak into the microphone and see if you see green bars flashing as you speak. This would indicate that one of the microphone selections is picking up audio.

Be sure to make the flashing one your default and retest under normal usage.

You have two microphone ports on your machine: 1 on the front, 1 on the back.

Start your machine and allow it to boot into windows normally without your headset plugged in.

Once you are in Windows, plug your headset's green audio jack into your front panel green port. You should get a pop up stating that something was plugged in and was it headphones? Then do the same with the microphone.....

Now go to control panel, and then to sound. Under recording devices you should see two microphone entries for your realtek. Try selecting either one of the entries and choose "set as default"

Then simply speak into the microphone and see if you see green bars flashing as you speak. This would indicate that one of the microphone selections is picking up audio.

Be sure to make the flashing one your default and retest under normal usage.

I have tried this. When I plug my headset in, I get the notification that the headphone and the mic has been plugged in. I have also tried to change the default devices. None of these have resolved my issue but thanks for trying.

Unfortunately this is a situation where there is not much we can offer to help. I can think of nothing that would explain what you are experiencing.

Do you happen to have another system you could test them with to see if it is something we are overlooking about your system or if it is just a bad set?

Unfortunately this is a situation where there is not much we can offer to help. I can think of nothing that would explain what you are experiencing.

Do you happen to have another system you could test them with to see if it is something we are overlooking about your system or if it is just a bad set?

I have tested this on another system as well... I guess its most likely a problem with the mic itself.

Archived