Corsair Community

Cases that are compatible with the H100i v2

Zachariah

Hi i bought the h100i v2 without measuring my case to see if it would fit, want a new case anyway, can anyone tell me corsair cases that will house the h100i v2 nicely. I looked at the corsair video on YouTube where Jeff from corsair does the installation but i couldn't find what exact case that was and some of the cases have to be moded from what i was reading on some forums.

Can anyone suggest any nice corsair cases that will suit the h100i v2 nicely like in the video?

motherboard is Ga z97x gaming 7

corsair vengeance ram

That rather depends on what sort of case you want? If you click on the Corsair User Forums logo in the top left corner of the page, then click on products, cases. You will be able to see all the cases available and decide what type you like the look of.

Well, I like the look of a lot of the cases, do you know what case was used in the actual video from corsair on the H100i v2, gtx at the time, i just don't want to mod a case. Lets say less than 150 or so, a lot of the cases get expensive real quick.

Almost every Corsair case that is not a mATX design will accommodate a 240mm H100i v2. This should be bolt on and plug in for all of them. The "tech specs" tab on each case should tell you where you can mount the radiator (top, front, etc).

If you are wondering about a specific case, link the video. Someone can surely identify it.

If you are looking for a smaller mATX case, the 350D certainly fits the bill and it can hold quite a bit compared to other mATX cases. If space is less of a concern and you wanted more volume, the 750D is the larger sibling. In fact, looking at your motherboard above, you would need the 750D. A full size ATX motherboard will not fit in the 350D.

The 460x looks fantastic. However, this is a new style of case and there are some caveats to know. No 5.25 drive bays, so get yourself an external DVD/Blu-Ray player. Also, the top of the case is fairly shallow. You need to be careful when putting any radiator in the top of the case in combination with taller RAM modules. I think we narrowed the max height down to about 40mm. Corsair Vengeance will fit. Vengeance LED and Dominators will not, along with other brands taller that number. I am of the opinion any 240/280 radiator should be front mounted in this case, both to avoid the top collisions, but also from an aesthetic point of view. The case is transparent and light, but adding in the 240 to the top gives it a top heavy look. While not everyone cares about this sort of thing, a lot of 460X owners intend to put in on the desk next to them, so this is something to consider. This has been a much discussed topic and if you put "460X" into the advanced search function for the cases forum, it should yield some more information, many with pictures.

yea i saw that the 350d only supported the mini atx motherboards, and the 460x cases looked nice, but didn't want to risk it, so i decided to go with the obsidian 450d, fits regular atx motherboards and cable management and the radiator option.

Appreciate the help,

Zach

Archived