Corsair Community

CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 Timings

Xeno1

Had a bad chip, the Ram was stable for about 4 years. I wanted to just get the exact same Ram, so that I wouldnt have to mess with timings again. I got the same Ram - BUT a older revision than original and now its giving me errors in Memtest86. With these timings.- 10-10-10-24 CR2 with 2:8 ratio. 1490 MHZ

The old timings @ 1490 MHz, 8-8-8-20 CR 2T 1.5v wont even boot.

The problem is that to keep my Cpu OC, I am very limited on Ram frequecies. I could try to run a 2:6 but then my ram will only be about 1086 Mhz.

Ty in advance.

A smaller version number does not necessarily mean, that it is "older". See:

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68811

What version did you actually get? If they are single sided modules you might have to manually set secondary timings and esp. raise tRFC vs the AUTO value on LGA1156.

Version 7.21

I cant tell if they are single sided or not without ripping the heatsink/shroud off the chips.

The 8.16 Version, the bad stick- i removed the heatsink, its got chips sides.

When u say secondary timings I guess you are refering to the ones OTHER than the 10-10-10-24 timings?

I got Thaiphoon memory tool. I will try to up the tRFC. Can u suggest what i should up it too?

The old sticks at 8-8-8-20 Cr 2 i had the MOBo "MCH" setting set to "DRAM FREQ" which is what made the CPU and RAM OC stable. But check this out- I never MEMTEST86 on the old sticks with the OC. I only ram Prime Blend for 12 hours and I was stable. So the OLd sticks and OC might have given me MEMTEST86 errors as well. Is that possible? To Be Prime stable and still fail MEMTEST86? If thats the case I might just disregard the Memtest errors and game on

You don't have to remove the heatsinks and strongly recommend not to do so. With almost any type of heatspreaders you can see it if you look at the module from the bottom. It is also possible to indirectly figure it out via the number of ranks per module (Aida64 or HWinfo64 can report that).

I don't know how high of a tRFC you can set, but you might need 160+ for single sided modules.

@Memtest86: Do you get errors only in the hammer test (#13) or in others as well?

You don't have to remove the heatsinks and strongly recommend not to do so. With almost any type of heatspreaders you can see it if you look at the module from the bottom. It is also possible to indirectly figure it out via the number of ranks per module (Aida64 or HWinfo64 can report that).

I don't know how high of a tRFC you can set, but you might need 160+ for single sided modules.

@Memtest86: Do you get errors only in the hammer test (#13) or in others as well?

only removed the heatskin from the Stick I knew had failed.

Looking from the bottom as in the Gold connectors closest to my eye, I cannot tell if they are dual or single as there is very little to see.

Im new to all this. The heat spreader is very tight to the stick. My guess is dual sided as i see soldering marks on both sides on the "OLD" sticks. Currently I have the New sticks installed, and i cant see what they look like as they are in the mobo presently. Errors on Memtest where very early on like at 8% of the total check. I did not write them down.

Apparenetly, more information is required. Its more than I expected to get such a thourgh response. Much appreciated and I will get back to u in 12 hours or less. I've been at about 80% load on Ram for the last several hours with no apparent problems

only removed the heatskin from the Stick I knew had failed.

Looking from the bottom as in the Gold connectors closest to my eye, I cannot tell if they are dual or single as there is very little to see.

Im new to all this. The heat spreader is very tight to the stick. My guess is dual sided as i see soldering marks on both sides on the "OLD" sticks. Currently I have the New sticks installed, and i cant see what they look like as they are in the mobo presently. Errors on Memtest where very early on like at 8% of the total check. I did not write them down.

Apparenetly, more information is required. Its more than I expected to get such a thourgh response. Much appreciated and I will get back to u in 12 hours or less. I've been at about 80% load on Ram for the last several hours with no apparent problems

Trfc is at 208 already

there is no edit option on this board?

Archived