Corsair Community

Amazon K95 Brown Pricing Craziness and Expected Delivery

gamebynight

So I've been watching Amazon like a hawk these last few days. The pricing on the K95 with MX Brown switches has been off the wall! They were running a pre-order for some time to secure the board for $171. Then, while I was chatting with the rep yesterday, it jumped back to the normal $190. Then, a few hours later, it dropped to $169 and change and I put in my pre-order. Well, I'm glad I did because today Amazon is asking for $220! How weird!

Anyhow, I thought you all might like to know that the expected delivery email I received says I should have the board anywhere from 2/5-2/16. Pretty wide window but at least it's secured. Has anyone else ordered an out of stock item from Amazon? I'm hoping that the date is a placeholder and they may actually receive some stock to send out sooner.

I preordered mine yesterday too. It came down to 169.03$ and I ordered it as soon as it did that :D: the expected delivery date is showing up as between 4th Feb to 16th Feb. I am still waiting on the K70 RGB as the K95 RGB is much longer, but who cares if you are getting a nice deal on a great keyboard :cool: the non-availability of these keyboards is still killing me and I might just buy a Razer Chroma if these corsair keyboards don't come back in stock soon :evil: instead of checking Amazon every second, you can use this site http://www.nowinstock.net/users/browserAlerts.php :)

To my knowledge, the orders which have been cancelled have been for the Cherry MX Blues, not the Browns. Not sure how much it matters, but right after the pre-order it said they didn't know when stock would be in and that they would email when they had an estimate. Very shortly thereafter the email came with the February date. The fact that K70 RGB Browns were in stock very recently makes me more optimistic that the estimate is believable. I'm actually hoping an order may come in sooner, but am not holding my breath.

I am also watching Newegg. If there's comes in before, I'll cancel with Amazon and go with them instead.

I cancelled my preorder and ordered the K70 RGB with Browns as they came in stock for a short amount of time. You will have to constantly keep an eye out for these bad boys, which you can do so through the above tracker site which I mentioned. It told me that it came in stock and I ordered. Now it is on its way to me :D: unluckily the stock is coming pretty low as only 2 were available and they ran out as soon as I ordered. Use the above link, it will help :winking:

Just an update on Amazon's availability of the K95 RGB in MX Brown. I got in touch with chat support today because the emailed estimated delivery date of mid-late February doesn't match the "we need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate" from the order summary page on my pre-order. I wanted to know if that February window was a guess or if they felt confident in it.

I don't know if the rep was just trying to please but this is what he said:

08:42 AM PST Angel(Amazon): That's the only estimated delivery Christopher.

08:43 AM PST Angel(Amazon): We will find one of this item to our different fulfillment center for you to have one by this January.

Then, before we ended:

08:46 AM PST Angel(Amazon): Don't worry we will work for you to have it this January.

He also assured me that they would charge the lower price on pre-orders if what they're asking has gone down (which it has, if only by a dollar or so).

So there's something, anyway.

I was waiting for the Brown too, I pre-ordered it a week ago, and no estimate date was provided. Then i found they have red ones in stock for a short amount of time 3 days ago. I got one in, it will be delivered this Saturday.

What makes people towards to Brown over the Red? I do know the Red is more for gaming, but does it mean it is not good at all for typing?

I ordered a K95 RGB with Browns on the 1st as well and got the email with Feb 5-19th, but it still says "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." on the orders page. I guess I'll try to contact support and see if that gets me a promise of delivery this month as well.

I ordered a K95 RGB with Browns on the 1st as well and got the email with Feb 5-19th, but it still says "Delivery estimate: We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date." on the orders page. I guess I'll try to contact support and see if that gets me a promise of delivery this month as well.

Got my Red One today, I was waiting for the Brown one too. so good luck

Just an update on Amazon's availability of the K95 RGB in MX Brown. I got in touch with chat support today because the emailed estimated delivery date of mid-late February doesn't match the "we need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate" from the order summary page on my pre-order. I wanted to know if that February window was a guess or if they felt confident in it.

I don't know if the rep was just trying to please but this is what he said:

08:42 AM PST Angel(Amazon): That's the only estimated delivery Christopher.

08:43 AM PST Angel(Amazon): We will find one of this item to our different fulfillment center for you to have one by this January.

Then, before we ended:

08:46 AM PST Angel(Amazon): Don't worry we will work for you to have it this January.

He also assured me that they would charge the lower price on pre-orders if what they're asking has gone down (which it has, if only by a dollar or so).

So there's something, anyway.

Just ended a chat session with Amazon Customer Service. They told me they had no dates for when they'd be receiving any new keyboards yet. They actually tried to get me to cancel my order and get MX Reds instead. Offered me free 1 day shipping if I switched, but I already lowered my standards from Blues to Browns and that's where I draw the line.

Just ended a chat session with Amazon Customer Service. They told me they had no dates for when they'd be receiving any new keyboards yet. They actually tried to get me to cancel my order and get MX Reds instead. Offered me free 1 day shipping if I switched, but I already lowered my standards from Blues to Browns and that's where I draw the line.

I don't get it why people pay almost $200 for a keyboard (taxes, shipping) and then drop their desires from blue switches to brown simply because they are out of stock? Several people on here I read are settling for red switches when they say they don't want reds, but are tired of waiting for browns. When I pay $40 for a keyboard I EXPECT to make compromises - when I am buying one of the more expensive keyboards on the market I am not going to compromise with something so personal and so important (to me) as the switch choice.

For $200 I want what I want - not second choice.

I was just looking at CES 2015, and yet another major Corsair competitor has come out with its own line of non-Cherry switches (that makes 3 competitors that I know of). It angers me when cherry fans attack them as "clones" or "knock-offs", or "fakes". Cherry did not invent the mechanical switch. It is not a "rip-off" to manufacture a mechanical switch other than Cherry. They all have a higher keystroke rating than Cherry as well.

Expand your horizons and don't make so many important compromises. Vote with your dollars! THAT is free market!

• Corsair Employee
I don't get it why people pay almost $200 for a keyboard (taxes, shipping) and then drop their desires from blue switches to brown simply because they are out of stock? Several people on here I read are settling for red switches when they say they don't want reds, but are tired of waiting for browns. When I pay $40 for a keyboard I EXPECT to make compromises - when I am buying one of the more expensive keyboards on the market I am not going to compromise with something so personal and so important (to me) as the switch choice.

I was just looking at CES 2015, and yet another major Corsair competitor has come out with its own line of non-Cherry switches (that makes 3 competitors that I know of). It angers me when cherry fans attack them as "clones" or "knock-offs", or "fakes". Cherry did not invent the mechanical switch. It is not a "rip-off" to manufacture a mechanical switch other than Cherry. They all have a higher keystroke rating than Cherry as well.

Expand your horizons and don't make so many important compromises. Vote with your dollars! THAT is free market!

To be fair, they are clones because they're using the same design from Cherry after the patent had expired.

To be honest I ended up canceling the order. After seeing that another brand (whose tribal tramp stamp name shall not be spoken/written here) added customization to their software and that their green keys were the equivalent of MX Blues I decided to jump ship and not have to wait a month or longer.

The customization was the most important feature to me and I wasn't sure if that was ever going to come to another brand and that's why I was sticking with Corsair even through all the issues (color range, apparently beta software, huge delays, and the cancellation of the switches I really wanted).

I ran over to the local Best Buy, tested the keys on the other brand (they're as close to Blues as I think I'll see on an RGB keyboard in the next few years), and came back home and cancelled my K95 order and switched to the other brand. It will be here Wednesday at the latest.

Archived