Corsair Community

H100i RGB Platinum SE AIO Pump LED Flickering

alrikdale

Anybody having a problem with H100i RGB Platinum SE AIO Pump LED Flickering. I have the LED Light set to white however it's been flickering to a amber orangish color. I have Uninstalled ICUE and have Re Installed the software, Tried a different USB Header on my Motherboard and the issue still persists. Also this is like my third replacement of this AIO and this same kind of issue is still happening like on the others where the AIO LED is Flickering to a different color. Is this a software issue or a hardware issue? .

I think this is hardware, I had this issue also. To resolve it I ran the USB cable from the pump out the back of the case and into the motherboard USB ports on the rear. No flickering after that. Then I got an internal powered USB hub that I connected to the motherboard and now have both my CoPro's and AIO hooked up to it, again no flickering.

I think this is hardware, I had this issue also. To resolve it I ran the USB cable from the pump out the back of the case and into the motherboard USB ports on the rear. No flickering after that. Then I got an internal powered USB hub that I connected to the motherboard and now have both my CoPro's and AIO hooked up to it, again no flickering.

Thanks for the reply, I did try that out before when I contacted support and they instructed me to perform that as well. However even doing os the flickering still persisted. Is this a asrock mobo problem?

It's a hardware issue with the AsMedia USB ports on the AMD motherboards.

Any idea on how I might be able to resolve it so the LED wont flicker anymore?

My corsair LL120 Fans are plugged into the hub and into the usb port on the motherboard and have no issues at all. Just the led light on the pump.

Any idea on how I might be able to resolve it so the LED wont flicker anymore?

My corsair LL120 Fans are plugged into the hub and into the usb port on the motherboard and have no issues at all. Just the led light on the pump.

You can try what I did, get a cheap internal powered USB hub. Got one for $20 at Fry's that you connect it to the motherboard USB header, a SATA power connection and then I have both my CoPro's and my AIO plugged into it. No more flicker.

You can try what I did, get a cheap internal powered USB hub. Got one for $20 at Fry's that you connect it to the motherboard USB header, a SATA power connection and then I have both my CoPro's and my AIO plugged into it. No more flicker.

I did the same thing. Works great :)

• 1 month later...
Thank for the replys, I just bought the NZXT Internal USB Hub and see if that works when it comes in the mail.

Got the same problem as mentioned above. I also got the NZXT Internal USB Hub and got that problem. My biggest issue is that only have one internal usb header so i can't test in any other way.

Looking for help!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I had this issue with flickering/dimming rgb lights on the pump head. I’m pretty sure I fixed the issue. These AIO pumps require a constant 12v of power. So attaching the pump head to its own SATA cable with nothing else drawing power off it helped. But in my case I use an Asus Prime z390-A Mobo, and they use a program in the Bios called Q-fan control that automatically adjusts fan speed but also voltage to the AIO. Once I went in and turned that off along with the pump being powered by it’s own personal SATA cable with nothing else on it, the flickering/dimming rgb lights stabilized. I’m not familiar with every Mobo out there, but make sure your AIO is getting a consistent 12v of power.

• 4 months later...
I had this issue with flickering/dimming rgb lights on the pump head. I’m pretty sure I fixed the issue. These AIO pumps require a constant 12v of power. So attaching the pump head to its own SATA cable with nothing else drawing power off it helped. But in my case I use an Asus Prime z390-A Mobo, and they use a program in the Bios called Q-fan control that automatically adjusts fan speed but also voltage to the AIO. Once I went in and turned that off along with the pump being powered by it’s own personal SATA cable with nothing else on it, the flickering/dimming rgb lights stabilized. I’m not familiar with every Mobo out there, but make sure your AIO is getting a consistent 12v of power.

Hello everyone, I am having the same issues with the flickering ( i have the same model minus the "SE" mines black not white, not sure that matters) I hope you can help also. Could you possibly throw up a few links to help me get all of this from like amazon. Like the SATA power cable and USB hub, basically everything that would hopefully get this working? please. thanks so much!

• 5 weeks later...
Experiencing this issue as well with H100i Platinum. Weirdly, it is mostly triggered when I'm playing games. The USB is hooked directly into ASUS x470 pro mobo, so I suspect this is the culprit? I updated all firmware, I disabled Q-fan control, the AIO is on it's own SATA cable and it still happens. Some times there is no issues at all.

• 4 months later...
So I am running into this exact same issue as I just did a fresh reinstall of windows 10, and installed the icue software directly from the site. This was not happening with the old install, but I am not using the commander pro with mine just the normal setup as to how it is plugged in through the usb on the motherboard. I also have 3 QL series fans hooked into their own node controller (not the commander pro) and these are working fine. The only ones that are having the issue are the 2 LL series on the radiator and then the corsair mounted rgb lighting on the processor. They are flickering just like from the video that was posted earlier in this thread. Oddly enough there was also an issue when I programmed the buttons of my Scimitar Pro RGB as well, and had to uninstall the software and then reinstall it. Every time I would left click until after the uninstall and reinstall of the software it would go to my second stored profile. This new software I have seen all kinds of quirks with as it also showed my 2 avaiable HW profile as symbols insted of Scimitar Pro HW 2 when I had not changed anything. Everything else has been working fine in my pc other than what I have mentioned above.

• 4 weeks later...

Made an account just to post this, since I was having this issue until recently. Changing the lighting settings so that only one fan was lit worked, but more importantly, the newest software update for iCUE seems to have solved this issue. I'm on the most currently Windows build (2004), and have had no issues for several, either while playing games or not. Additionally, I changed none of the cabling connections from when I set up the cooler.

Hopefully the new update solves the issue for everyone else having this issue as well.