Corsair Community

RGB LED Without Cable?

ShaneChowdery

I remember when I used the H100i I was able to configure the RGB LED, then remove the cable, uninstall Corsair Link and then the RGB would stay to whatever color I set it to.

Now on the H100i v2 I am having trouble achieving this. Is it still possible? Do I need a specific version of Corsair Link for this? Any tips? I really just need the cable to be removed, but still keep the RGB setting like the older H100i.

I suspect that you can no longer set the LED and uninstall the application and keep the color you set because you switched from a Cool IT unit to a Asetek unit. So you must have the software installed to control the LED.

They are completely different units even though they have the same name. You may thank Corsair for that one.

Once set the colour of my Asetek H80iGT (V2.3.0.0 firmware) LED does not change, so this may also be the case for the Asetek H100iV2 (V2.8.0.0 firmware), but as they have different firmware versions it may not.

I don't have a H100iV2, so can't check. Posting a screen shot of the LED configuration panel may provide some insight.

Archived