Corsair Community

My Wife's "Pimp My Ride" PC Obsidian 1000D

Hello All:

Well have most of our pieces we need for the build, just missing a few things on backorder. One thing i noticed is the top fan trays are 140mm and our H150i with 120mm fans do not fit on here. Did not want to stretch the hoses from the front fans. Went looking for the 4 x 120mm fan trays not available anywhere right now.

Shout out to Zotty for suggesting fan adapters, so found some on Amazon that will work for now. They are by BGears and are Cooling fan adapters to go from 140mm to 120mm. This will work for a Temp fix until we get the fan tray.

Also thanks again Zotty for the diagrams you put up to follow to wire up this monster of a case.

One question for all who built this, looking at putting the RGB Fan LEd hubs inside the french doors. Anybody see a problem putting them there?

Case - Corsair Obsidian Series 1000D

CPU - Intel I9 - 9900K Processor

CPU Cooler - Hydro Series H150i Pro RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard - ROG Maximus XI Extreme

RAM - DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266Mhz 32GB (Back Order)

Video Card - ROG Strix OC 1080Ti

SSD's - Samsung 850 Pro x 3

Power Supply - Corsair HX 1200i

Fans - Corsair ML120 Pro 120mm Premium x 16 (3 for CPU Cooler)

Command Pro x 2

RGB Fan LED Hub x 3

Corsair LED Lighting Pro Expansion Kits x 3

Bgears Cooling Fan Adapter x 3 (Back Order)

Monitor - Samsung 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor 144Hrz 1ms

20181226_160012.thumb.jpg.b3f18005026aac23e472477f9d2cad2f.jpg

Hello All:

Well have most of our pieces we need for the build, just missing a few things on backorder. One thing i noticed is the top fan trays are 140mm and our H150i with 120mm fans do not fit on here. Did not want to stretch the hoses from the front fans. Went looking for the 4 x 120mm fan trays not available anywhere right now.

Shout out to Zotty for suggesting fan adapters, so found some on Amazon that will work for now. They are by BGears and are Cooling fan adapters to go from 140mm to 120mm. This will work for a Temp fix until we get the fan tray.

I have just foreseen a problem with the Adaptors if using them for the h150i.. the fan spacing will be all wrong! the 120mm's will sit in the middle of the 140mm holes. meaning they will spaced to far apart for the rad.....

We looked at other ways and did not find anything to work without risk of same issue :/

So for now we will zip tie it until we can get the 120 tray and them buy two as the husband will get the same case down the road. I fully hate the idea of zip ties :/

We looked at other ways and did not find anything to work without risk of same issue :/

So for now we will zip tie it until we can get the 120 tray and them buy two as the husband will get the same case down the road. I fully hate the idea of zip ties :/

yeah i would also be fairly unhappy about the ziptie situation but i suppose sometimes you have to do stuff to survive..

off on a tangent.. sort of... i noticed they removed the 2x200mm trays from the store.. wish i had grabbed 2 of those now... just in case.... lol

Husband tested my fans the other day with no power on my MB...

jvopZ07.jpg

q3dHKed.jpg

yKgAK1D.jpg

We had to zip tie the cooler on its four corners on the 140 tray at the top until we can get the 120 tray.

sLj56EK.jpg

The screen this build will be on ...

zoYp9vK.jpg

The Obsidian Series 1000D making my Corsair 780T full tower look small lol

56OeqjT.jpg

And when all is said and done the specs ...

Pimp My Ride PC Jan 2019

Case - Corsair Obsidian Series 1000D

CPU - Intel I9 - 9900K Processor

CPU Cooler - Hydro Series H150i Pro RGB 360mm Liquid CPU Cooler

Motherboard - ROG Maximus XI Extreme

RAM - DDR4 G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4266Mhz 32GB

Tested Latency 17-18-18-38

Video Card - ROG Strix OC 1080Ti

SSD's - Samsung 850 Pro X-Three-1TB

Power Supply - Corsair HX 1200i

Fans - Corsair ML120 Pro 120mm Premium x 16 (6 for CPU Cooler push pull)

Command Pro x 2

RGB Fan LED Hub x 3

Corsair LED Lighting Pro Expansion Kits x 2

Monitor - Samsung 49" CHG90 QLED Gaming Monitor 144Hrz 1ms

Win 10 Enterprise 64bit

With all due respect I fully disagree as its a case you can build two rigs in as well as have room to work in the case. No law says its a case only for custom loop and its more of a problem for the one thinking this and not the one building in this amazing case with room to grow.

• 3 weeks later...
@rossi123 Thank you much :] Sadly my ram is back ordered what was to be 4-6 weeks in dec has turned into feb end. But on a happy note my rig is ready to go and done as soon as my ram comes in. The hazard of buying new ram and it being short of stock lol. Edit ... And we got the 120 tray for my cpu cooler at the top so no more zip ties :]

Archived