Corsair Community

Strafe Silent - Any Ping Noise?

Ragoroo

I recently got my first Mechanical keyboard. - Its a CM XTI with brown switches.

The noise is taking some getting used to - i'm quite sensitive to this and more than anything notice a metallic pinging noise particularly on certain keys.

From researching online it seems like this is a common problem with all mechanical keyboards (couple example links below)

I was wondering if this has been dealt with on the strafe silent board?

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/newreply.php?do=newreply&noquote=1&p=759666

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=40720.0

beware, my first strafe rgb silent had ping issue. Exchanged it and second strafe rgb silent had same issue. Corsair contacted me and said they would send me one that didn't have the issue, then later told me the one they were going to send me also had the issue.....so I would hold off for now if I were you. I would assume the problem is pretty wide spread if both my original, the one I exchanged for, and the one that corsair was going to send me were all affected.

I bought Strafe rgb RED, it was scratched on the top front left side above the Corsair logo. The store replaced it for me 3 times and 2 of them had the same scratch issues and also this damn annoying ping sound when I type with the keyboard.. Reall corsair??

Take back every keyboard you ever made and fix that problem.. I sent back the bad keyboard for money back. Waiting for Corsair to fix this problem and then I can buy Strafe again.. But I am thinking about K70 RGB instead, it's made of aluminum.

• Corsair Employee
I bought Strafe rgb RED, it was scratched on the top front left side above the Corsair logo. The store replaced it for me 3 times and 2 of them had the same scratch issues and also this damn annoying ping sound when I type with the keyboard.. Reall corsair??

Take back every keyboard you ever made and fix that problem.. I sent back the bad keyboard for money back. Waiting for Corsair to fix this problem and then I can buy Strafe again.. But I am thinking about K70 RGB instead, it's made of aluminum.

While there are some users who have reported the ping sound upon depressing the keys, there are also users who have replaced they keyboard without having this issue. We are currently looking into this.

While there are some users who have reported the ping sound upon depressing the keys, there are also users who have replaced they keyboard without having this issue. We are currently looking into this.

I hope u can solve this issue :( :( so I can buy Strafe RGB instead of K70 RGB...

Waiting for your answer, Thank you Corsair! :)

Hi guys,

just read this. Too late... the shop i bought my pinging coolermaster agreed to swap for the corsair silent.

I hope it doesn't ping.

Ill feedback over the weekend.

I'd love Strafe rgb but not when it gives that ping sound :( Don't know if K70 RGB does the same??

I hope Corsair has a solution for that ping sound, So I can re-buy the strafe rgb and maybe this time I'll go for Silent..

If they can't fix it then I won't buy any of them and if the k70 rgb got the same ping sound that's bad :(

Just don't understand how my first piece strafe rfb keyboard that was perfectly without that damn ping sound??? It was just scratched and got RMA from reseller and then it started pinging from that keyboars and also the 3rd one did that :[pouts::[pouts:

Archived