Corsair Community

H80i Install Questions

TallPaul

Firstly, opened a case but it takes up to 48 hours I see and I want to get started. Anyone help me with these?

1. User Manual - quick start guide says corsair.com/h80i to download the full user manual - only there isn't one?

2. LGA2011 install - short or long standoffs? The text says short, the picture of parts G & H has 2011 written next to the long ones? I don't want to expose the thermal paste only to find it won't tighten down... clearly nobody proof read the QSG!

3. Fan direction - FAQ in support section says its marked on the fans, its 100% not marked on the fans I received with my H80i! Neither inside nor outside the housing on any of the 4 sides! The box shows the fan mounted on the inside of the rad with the corsair logo showing (fan frame against rad). As the default recommendation form corsair is to have the fans suck into the case I am assuming this is what the picture shows the fan mounted as?

Have to say having just bought an AX860i and a H80i I am not that impressed with the H80 so far at all. No user guide, unclear which mounts to use in quick start guide and no markings for fan airflow - all seem kinda basic to me! AX860i on the other hand looks like nice piece of kit - shows difference I guess in the company's product that you chose to stick your name on!

Sure all will be forgotten once its installed - anyone help me with 1, 2 & 3 above?

Thanks, by blows in direction of sticker, I assume you mean the sticker side of the fan is the high pressure side?

Do you have a link to the LGA2011 install on the blog? I could not find one only the other sockets. I think I worked this one out now reading a few H80i reviews where they test with 1155 it looks like in the mounting pictures the long standoffs (so short for 2011) i.e. the manual text is right not the picture.

so sorry, if there is none in the blog then maybe hit youtube, im sorry they are not as clear as they can be in the QIG.

you can also call customer service and they will be more clear to explain the install.

phone# on the main Corsair page under contacts.

sorry i could not be more helpful.

Tall Paul, you are right about the instructions or lack thereof. Out of all the parts I purchased to build my system, Corsair wins hands down for least helpful instructions. :roll:

The fan arrows are missing as you say. I have mine mounted so the black sticker faces out of the case and the black and white sticker faces inward. That way the fans are drawing into the case.

Otherwise I have been very satisfied with the cooling job the H80i does. :D:

Yes, the corsair grey sticker side is the low pressure intake side, the side with the black/grey sticker and frame on is the high pressure exhaust side. Had t butcher a molex-fan cable and test with a PSU, as I was not about to start to strip it all out again once the CPU block was on!

Its the short standoffs for 2011 my ruler also determined.

Just need the missing user guide now...

Yeah, but manufacturer instructions were kinda an expectation I had.

What's the connection next to the USB on the pump? Looks like the corsair link, can I plug the AXi PSU in here rather than use another USB header? (again no mention in the quick start guide, and manual not on website as instructions claim it should be!)>

hi guys.yesterday i install my new h80.the temperature of cpu has fall and i think that its ok.

but i have the next problem.when i open the BIO i saw that the fans running with 300 and 400 rpm and its red.is this logical?

and something else.i cant see the other fans in bio.

• Corsair Employees
What's the connection next to the USB on the pump? Looks like the corsair link, can I plug the AXi PSU in here rather than use another USB header? (again no mention in the quick start guide, and manual not on website as instructions claim it should be!)>

Yes, you can piggy back the PSU to the cooler onto the USB header on the MB. That way you are only using 1 USB header and not 2.

Archived