Corsair Community

updating to 2.4 on late '11 17" mbp

antipop2323

what do you think the likelihood of this would be? no go thus far on my gigabyte board w/ my i7-2600k, can't find the drive - yes, of course it's in AHCI, have tried the default AHCI drivers & Intel Rapid Storage drivers (can't do v. 9, says "doesn't meet minimum requirements" but 10 certainly don't work) have tried the win7 compatibility in properties and of course am running it as an administrator yadda yadda yadda... will not see the PoS....

so, the only other option i have at hand is my the aforementioned macbook pro, which i'd have to bootcamp & install windows 7, and then was hoping to put the SSD in an enclosure to upgrade the firmware... yup, i'm not particularly optimistic either..

would really rather not wait for an update, or the mayan apocalypse, whichever comes first... /endrant

thanks ~~ antipop

ok, well, got it updated... first tried bootcamping windows and putting my F120 in external enclosure... pipe dream, didn't detect... opened up mbp and put it in internally, put on fresh install of windows, immediately found drive w/ only run administrator, 2 restarts later firmware updated...

Archived