The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Keyboards and Mice

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-20-2019, 04:53 PM

POST ID # = 1011927
OsGamer Reputation: 10
Default M55 - Side button mapping

Are the side buttons on the left and right side of this mouse treated as mirrors of each other or are they all separately mappable?

I bought this mouse with the hope that the side buttons could be treated as Mouse buttons 4, 5, 6, and 7 but the iCue software only shows remapping options for the Forward and Back (mouse 4 and 5) buttons. I want to bind keystrokes to the right side buttons while leaving the left side buttons as Mouse 4 and 5.

Can anyone help? Thanks.

Old 07-20-2019, 05:09 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1011929
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 104

I think you are going to be stuck with the two opposing sides as mirrors. That is how every ambidextrous mouse I’ve ever seen works. While it’s theoretically possible to split the two sides and make one reassignable, you would always need to have the software running or have some kind of physical L/R selector switch to handle things when the software can’t run. I sort of remember one like this from another brand a few years back, but it was $150 and I still think the selector killed one side, not freed it up for other tasks.