Corsair Community

Corsair C1 Elite 2018 GPU death

That_Jon_guy

So I was in the middle of a moderate gaming session when my system fans pegged and my monitor output went dead. I restarted the machine and there was no signal from any of the outputs (2 HDMI 2 DP). I've called customer support and was told "4-5 months outside (my) warranty is too far out of warranty" and that Corsair does not "perform repair work outside of warranty" when asking what a repair would cost. This unit was purchased in April/May of 2018. I don't remember the exact date.

I've had nothing but great things to say about this machine and about Corsair customer service up until this point. Hopefully I'll be granted an exception for a one time repair. I may be out of warranty, but I'm not that far out of warranty.

If I'm not granted said exception, which would be exceptionally disappointing, can anyone tell me what the card used in the C1 Elite circa 2018 was? Does anyone have any experience replacing the GPU in one of these systems?

Here are the relevant details to this machine.

Sku: CS-9000014-NA

Lot#: 18115102

SN: 002018115102

RMN: RCS0005

• 4 weeks later...
So I was in the middle of a moderate gaming session when my system fans pegged and my monitor output went dead. I restarted the machine and there was no signal from any of the outputs (2 HDMI 2 DP). I've called customer support and was told "4-5 months outside (my) warranty is too far out of warranty" and that Corsair does not "perform repair work outside of warranty" when asking what a repair would cost. This unit was purchased in April/May of 2018. I don't remember the exact date.

I've had nothing but great things to say about this machine and about Corsair customer service up until this point. Hopefully I'll be granted an exception for a one time repair. I may be out of warranty, but I'm not that far out of warranty.

If I'm not granted said exception, which would be exceptionally disappointing, can anyone tell me what the card used in the C1 Elite circa 2018 was? Does anyone have any experience replacing the GPU in one of these systems?

Here are the relevant details to this machine.

Sku: CS-9000014-NA

Lot#: 18115102

SN: 002018115102

RMN: RCS0005

@That_Jon_guy what did you end up doing? I'm literally in the same situation, the only difference being that I have the Pro Plus, not the Pro Elite (16gb of ram instead of 32).

Corsair support even sent me a shipping label to have it sent to them, although it's out of warranty, only to tell me today that "yeah, the GPU is completely broken and we're out of 10 series parts and we don't offer paid repairs so you're out of luck, we're sending the PC back as broken as we received it; you're on your own".

Did you fix it yourself? Which card did you buy?