Corsair Community

Icue Nexus with K95 Platinum EXTREME CPU usage!

Sp4den

Hey

hope someone from Corsair sees this cause this finally got me to create an account :o:

first some information, I have been using icue for over 2 years now and hadn't really had any problems before..

normally my ICUE CPU load is 2,5% when idle

and that is with the following connected.

K95 PLATINUM

DARK CORE SE

VOID PRO WIRELESS

MM800 RGB POLARIS

ST100 RGB

COMMANDER PRO

LIGHTNING NODE PRO

LS100 STARTER KIT

6 x LL120 FANS

4 X LED STRIPS

4 LONG LIGHT STRIPS AND 4 SHORT LIGHT STRIPS

so with all that my normal idle ICUE CPU load is 2,5%

when i plug the Nexus into my k95's usb hub my ICUE idle cpu load is 20% that is crazy! so from 2% to 20%

i have tried plugging the hub cable from the K95 in

usb 3.0 port

usb 2.0 port

usb 3.0 hub

it's all the same... load on 20%

if i take the nexus and plug it directly into my machine and not in the k95 hub then the usage drops from 20% to 11% so that's half of the raised load, still crazy but alot better, so it doesn't look like the K95 platinum hub can't handle it with the current load, maybe a firmware upgrade to the keyboard can fix this if not directly related to the nexus firmware or icue software.

but right now i can't use it cause the CPU usage with it plugged in will never be that low so my machine can idle...

it would be nice with a quick fix... it would be nice, as someone else said in another post that we could be able to control the refresh.. from 24 maybe all the way down to 1, that would work for most of my usage with it.

my CPU is a Intel Core i5 8600K (running stock)

i would love to provide more info and help if needed to get this fixed or else i would have to return it :(

running

K95 Plat firmware version 3.21.28

Nexus firmware version 2.2.5

icue 3.31.81

all other icue related stuff is also running the newest firmware.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey

hope someone from Corsair sees this cause this finally got me to create an account :o:

first some information, I have been using icue for over 2 years now and hadn't really had any problems before..

normally my ICUE CPU load is 2,5% when idle

and that is with the following connected.

K95 PLATINUM

DARK CORE SE

VOID PRO WIRELESS

MM800 RGB POLARIS

ST100 RGB

COMMANDER PRO

LIGHTNING NODE PRO

LS100 STARTER KIT

6 x LL120 FANS

4 X LED STRIPS

4 LONG LIGHT STRIPS AND 4 SHORT LIGHT STRIPS

so with all that my normal idle ICUE CPU load is 2,5%

when i plug the Nexus into my k95's usb hub my ICUE idle cpu load is 20% that is crazy! so from 2% to 20%

i have tried plugging the hub cable from the K95 in

usb 3.0 port

usb 2.0 port

usb 3.0 hub

it's all the same... load on 20%

if i take the nexus and plug it directly into my machine and not in the k95 hub then the usage drops from 20% to 11% so that's half of the raised load, still crazy but alot better, so it doesn't look like the K95 platinum hub can't handle it with the current load, maybe a firmware upgrade to the keyboard can fix this if not directly related to the nexus firmware or icue software.

but right now i can't use it cause the CPU usage with it plugged in will never be that low so my machine can idle...

it would be nice with a quick fix... it would be nice, as someone else said in another post that we could be able to control the refresh.. from 24 maybe all the way down to 1, that would work for most of my usage with it.

my CPU is a Intel Core i5 8600K (running stock)

i would love to provide more info and help if needed to get this fixed or else i would have to return it :(

running

K95 Plat firmware version 3.21.28

Nexus firmware version 2.2.5

icue 3.31.81

all other icue related stuff is also running the newest firmware.

I have the same issue... normal on i9-9900kf icue use 1,5% CPU, with Nexus linked it stay on 7-8% usage.. I think they have to do a sort of optimization.. I read around that the screen refreshing is a bit CPU consuming because it works via USB. So let's see.. For the moment don't install 3.32.80 iCUE version because in my case it crash with Nexus linked, I opened a ticket about.. the last version working is 3.31.81

I have the same issue... normal on i9-9900kf icue use 1,5% CPU, with Nexus linked it stay on 7-8% usage.. I think they have to do a sort of optimization.. I read around that the screen refreshing is a bit CPU consuming because it works via USB. So let's see.. For the moment don't install 3.32.80 iCUE version because in my case it crash with Nexus linked, I opened a ticket about.. the last version working is 3.31.81

mine updated ICUE just fine while the nexus was connected to 3.32.80

also ICUEs CPU usage went from 20% CPU usage with the nexus in a USB 3.0 GEN2 port down to 10% in a USB 3.0 GEN1 port

really strange.. hope they come with an update where you can lower the refresh rate to get the CPU usage down cause i don't need it to run 24 fps