Corsair Community

Will iCue update their motherboard compatibility list to fit the new Z490 motherboard

moberry11

I absolutely love the whole asus aura and icue integration. I'm planning to upgrade my system and I really want the ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-A Gaming motherboard, but it's not included on the asus compatibility motherboard list.

I guess my question is that I'm wondering if corsair will add integration to this board in the future? I really don't want to get it if I can't sync everything to icue.

Edited by moberry11

• 1 month later...
I have the same motherboard and cant get it to show in iCue :sigh!:

From what I understand you are supposed to close iCue, set up the motherboard in Asus Aura, close Aura. Re open iCue and it should appear. You never have to open Aura again.

Awesome that worked!!, thanks for the tip ^^

Hi.

How can you say that Icue works on Asus Z490-e when Corsair says that icue doesn't support 5V ARGB (the same Z490-e has)??

I have both the AIO 150I Pro 360 and the Z490-e and I can just control the leds mounted on the motherboard...

it also controls the 12V strip. But Corsair always said they wouldn't control ARGB on Asus boards. So it works as they intended.

Ok, anyway Icue doesn't control anything is connected on mi ARGB headers on my Asus Z490-E. Just the led mounted on the motherboard. Any Idea?

I installed and removed both Icue and Aura Sync / Armoury Crate. Icue recognize my Z490-E but it doesn't control any argb fan...

CUE doesn't control the 5v addressable headers on any motherboard. This was a deliberate decision and discussed at length in the thread pinned at the top of this section.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194369

If you need control over the D-RGB headers on the MB, uncheck the "enable plugins" setting in CUE. That will return control to Aura/Armory Crate. The D-RGB headers will freeze in their current state with the plugin enabled.

CUE doesn't control the 5v addressable headers on any motherboard. This was a deliberate decision and discussed at length in the thread pinned at the top of this section.

https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=194369

If you need control over the D-RGB headers on the MB, uncheck the "enable plugins" setting in CUE. That will return control to Aura/Armory Crate. The D-RGB headers will freeze in their current state with the plugin enabled.

I Know it.

But I bought a 150i Pro RGB XT just because 2 o more user in this discussion told "that Icue works on their Z490-e". "Works", means to me that EVERYTHING works....but the truth is that Icue partially support Z490-E (a nonsense way, in my opinion). Well, I'll return the 150i and buy the Strix LC 360 to have finally FULL Argb functionality... Thanks