Corsair Community

Needing some advice on Equalizer Settings that make it easier to hear footsteps.

DerDurDer

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there, not sure if you were able to resolve your issue but I found this thread, hope it helps: https://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=173103

Just an opinion/suggestion: If competitive gaming like Tarkov I would suggest going with a DAC/Amp combo or stack for your headphones.

You can take a look at Schiit or find a good combo from Drop dot com. I went with the Schiit solution and fell in love. You won't believe the depth and spatial/directional sounds you've missed! Either way you go, just enjoy those headphones and have fun!

I will contribute just in case anyone else has this question, because it is a very common one in any context.

There is no good 'single' equalizer profile that will work for everyone and every game, either it will work well for one game and not others, or won't work for your headset, etc.

What you SHOULD do is go into the game, find some sort of training mode or way to get a friend to help you, and then test. For instance, in the last game I did this for, the 500 and 1k ranges had almost all the main footstep noises. It also made guns unreasonably loud in some instances, so I had to use a balance. You can just adjust the eq values and test each one to see which ones help the most.

Don't use other people's profiles; they are made for - their setup, -their ears, and -their game/volume preferences.