Corsair Community

Thoughts about iCue setup

Merisal

Hey guys,

I am thinking about an upgrade for my lightning setup.

At the moment it looks like this

aq86SXP.jpg

1x Lighting Node Pro

2x LL 140mm

1x Phanteks Case LED stripes via Pirate Dog Techs adapter cable

I want to add another LL 120mm, the RGB LED Lighting PRO Expansion Kit and via another adpater cable the D-RGB upgrade kit of my RTX 2070.

What do you suggest to use to control the new setup? I think I need to use a second Node Pro and the Commander Pro?!

The LL is easy and plugs into fan slot #3 on the RGB Hub.

The strips would go into RGB channel #2 on the LNP. If you wanted the case to be separately controllable from the internal strips, then you would need a 3rd RGB channel and that would mean another LNP. However, depending on what you are lighting with "the case", you might be able to daisy chain them with the internal strips. Presumably the case lighting is also another set of strip lights built in.

The Phanteks EvolvX has a motherboard style input as well as a motherboard style output ... so you can connect additional motherboard addressable connectors to the case's RGB hub, which is being controlled by iCUE via the adapter cable.

The Phanteks EvolvX has a motherboard style input as well as a motherboard style output ... so you can connect additional motherboard addressable connectors to the case's RGB hub, which is being controlled by iCUE via the adapter cable.

That would be a more useful solution :biggrin: thanks DevBiker.

@c-attack: sorry forgot to write that it is a Enthoo Evolv X with LED strips :):