Corsair Community

iCUE v3.2.87 causes computer to hard shutdown

Nepoxx

Problem Random LOCK ups... black screen ... have to hard shutdown the computer.. ran memory checker and even swapped memory..

I have 3 PC's

When I joined the form it was from the i7 8700k .

Then I tuned around to build my 3rd PC with is the i9 9900k which is the problem PC

My 8700K now is using a Thermaltake AIO 380mm cooler which

My 3rd PC is a Micro XTX from MSI and it's using the iCUE soft ware to control it's AIO cooler and memory and fans just fine.

Which makes me believe as Windows will install drivers during updates or MSI according to which board you have. The Micro ATX board cost me roughly $130 but my 390 Meg Ace was near $400 so it has way more bells and whistles on it. SO I am starting to think that iCUE is having a conflict with something on the motherboard. All 3 computers have Nvidia drivers and all 3 are Windows 10 Pro .

So since I uninstalled iCUE the system is behaving normal again ...

What is ironic about the fact you are having the issue on the Meg seeing as I am pretty sure Corsair and MSI were/are partners when it comes to some things, like the WC 1080Ti they sold/sell. Last thing I can think of trying is that *MAYBE* try adding one thing at a time until it trips over itself just to rule out a hardware issue. That said in a lot of ways your issue mimics the one I had months back except in my case the devices would just enter a never ending disconnect/reconnect loop. Oh and the fact that the AIO just outright stopped working a couple times during that mess.

Anyway been a long time since I used MSI but you dont happen to be running any other monitoring software like HWInfo or anything MSI might offer are you? If you are try stopping those, believe me when I say this, I already know how you feel with your end of the stick.

But when all else fails you should go with what you feel comfortable with. Except NZXT :P

The drives I have on my PC I need as I do photographery for people and I back my images up. Plus there are game drives as sometimes I need to wind down and yell at my PC for loosing a game or two.

I don't want to mention the other company Thermal*** since it's Corsair form but they have a 9 port controller that doesn't go to USB it can go directly to the RGB header. Then you don't have to use their soft ware you can use Mystic Light to control it all. One Software to control it all as if MSI and Corsair got together they could do something like this but they would give up ICUE but they could add MSI products to ICUE... but then would MSI give up Mystic Light.

Yes I usually go in Stages ASUS was my brand for years then I went Gigabyte and now i am on MSI .. The System is very stable plays all games but once I put in you know who. Love to have a You tuber like Jaytwocents as he has all the same hardware put together a system with all the same specs ... and let it run a week with iCUE . Will keep checking... Oh don't think for one minute I will TOSS all the Corsair fans... I have enough parts for another PC LOL .. like I need one... hmmm maybe a very FLASHY server as I been building my own PCs since 1994 :)

• 3 months later...

[quote=

Computer is stable until I install the latest CUE, which causes the computer to abruptly shut off, turning off and on the PSU switch is the only solution to reboot the PC (holding down the power switch won't do a thing). Uninstalling CUE solves the issue.

Just to throw my stick on the fire, I am having the exact same issue. New computer running for about a week with NO problems until I installed ICUE tonight then 3 hard shutdowns within 1 hour. Uninstalled ICUE and I have been running about 2 hours with no problems. Never seen anything like this! As the OP said the only way to get past the shutdown is the power button on the power supply or unplug the power cord. As of now I won't be using ICOR again and I think, even though I really like this keyboard, I am going to see about returning the hundred dollar keyboard to Amazon.:mad:

Hey, New guy here,

I have this exact same issue. same processor but different mobo.

I found in the event log, the corsair software is calling to start the corsair audio service but a file is not found (I have nothing corsair for audio, only KB and Mouse) I was having the same issue to the point of breaking windows. and slowly becoming more and more often until it was 10-15 min.

once I disabled the ICUE services (audio and normal) all crashes stopped. these crashes are hard enough that the mobo will not start back up until I kill power then reapply by flicking the phantom switch.

Please fix this guys. I cant use my keyboard properly without that service running because appearently all macros are saved in the software and not on the keyboard :/

Hey, New guy here,

once I disabled the ICUE services (audio and normal) all crashes stopped. these crashes are hard enough that the mobo will not start back up until I kill power then reapply by flicking the phantom switch.

:/

Thanks for that, man! All I bought this keyboard for was the pretty lights so after reading your post I reinstalled the icue software then immediately disabled both services (even though the sound service won't start because as you said 'a file is missing'). Now I can load icue and set the pretty colors on my keyboard without icue trying to kill my computer. I know this is not an answer but it is a usable work-around for those of us who just want pretty colors and aren't worried about games!

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone who is NOT having this problem? And if so, what is your hardware configuration and OS?

Edited by Altoan

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I have the same problem, version 3.27.68

i just recently experienced the random reboot, no BSOD, using the icue beta for multi-slip stream

wouldnt usually mess with beta software but was trying to "fix" a $200+ headset (virtuouso se)

• 3 months later...

I purchased a use K95 keyboard and installed the latest iCUE 3.31.81 last night. My system has rebooted 4-5 times since. I unplugged the keyboard and it still happened. I uninstalled the iCUE software to resolve the issue.

Not a great experience so far. I am running a Ryzen with an ASUS motherboard.

• 1 month later...

I'm having the issue as well. Computer is about 9 months old. Never had a hard crash until getting a K95 and Nightsword a couple weeks ago. No other hardware changes; no overclocking, ever.

Fortunately, Microcenter has a 30-day return policy. If this thing keeps crashing my PC, just going to return both the KB and Mouse and avoid Corsair products.

iCue 3.32.80

Ryzen 3800x

X570 Gigabyte Aorus Elite WiFi

5700xt Sapphire Pulse

Edited by Fortoom

• 5 weeks later...
So it seems this is still a problem. I've had the k95 Platinum for 3 years and have been unable to use the functionality of the keyboard because of this problem. $200 for nothing. I will not be buying another Corsair product in the future; this is BEYOND ridiculous!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Been having the same issue for about 4 months now, about the same time as I bought a kit of 3 Corsair RGB fans and installed the iCue software.

I just didn't make the link until tonight and then searched "node pro causing shutdown" and find this thread. How has it been going on for so long?

I also have Ryzen 7 and an Asus motherboard. Just randomly shuts down and the only way of getting it going again is to turn the switch off at the Psu. It only seems to do it when idle, never when I'm playing Warzone. I have been tearing my hair out, even considering swapping parts out.

Anyone found a workaround for this because I have also just got a Ironclaw mouse that needs iCue software too.

I just didn't make the link until tonight and then searched "node pro causing shutdown" and find this thread. How has it been going on for so long?

Because this thread is just a collection of people who encountered a hard shutdown and don't know why it was caused, but somehow come to this conclusion because someone else suggested it. Almost everyone in here likely has a different issue. It's like a thread called "I had a BSOD". They are all different and the crash is the end result, not the cause.

A hard shutdown is real issue, but it is always going to be power related. Programs don't cause hard shutdowns. They crash or in a worst case scenario crash the system (BSOD). If you are having a hard shutdown, it is going to be somewhere between the PSU and MB power handling. The hard shutdown is the PSU protecting itself and the system. It could be a bad physical connection causing a short. It could be a physical problem with either component. Either way, if you are looking for help on this you need to be in your own thread where people can help you. This thread isn't it.

• Confused 1

This latest iCUE has tons of issues. I was notified of a new update. Clicked "update" as i always do since 2 years now. At the end of installation it asks to restart computer. I click on the Windows restart notification, no good, i click "cancel" to get back into my desktop since restarting with Windows restart notification wont work (iCUE prohibits Windows to restart). I click on "restart" from iCUE's notification and the computer restarts. When im back to my desktop iCUE is never loaded because it was never installed. It was in fact uninstalled when i tried to update it.

I looked into Corsair folder and its empty except a few log files and empty folders.

I download the lastest iCUE software and when i come to "restart PC" i have the same issue as above and eventually when im back at desktop iCUE was never installed.

Please fix this. My PC is clean. I have updated iCUE many times before and never had a single issue.

Because this thread is just a collection of people who encountered a hard shutdown and don't know why it was caused, but somehow come to this conclusion because someone else suggested it. Almost everyone in here likely has a different issue. It's like a thread called "I had a BSOD". They are all different and the crash is the end result, not the cause.

I think some of us at least are having a similar issue.

Having to turn the switch on the psu off is strange, never had to do that in 25 years of mucking around with pc's and the fact that mine never does it while gaming. Both things mentioned above.

Just an update.

The shutdown/crashes started 6 days after I initially installed iCue 7 months ago. I'd occasionally have 2 days where it wouldn't do it but generally it would be at least 1 or 2 times daily. Not once while gaming, always either just before or just after when on the net.

Uninstalled iCue 5 days ago not a single shutdown/crash. & I have been leaving the computer for hours at a tme intead of just booting when I want to game.

Just an update.

The shutdown/crashes started 6 days after I initially installed iCue 7 months ago. I'd occasionally have 2 days where it wouldn't do it but generally it would be at least 1 or 2 times daily. Not once while gaming, always either just before or just after when on the net.

Uninstalled iCue 5 days ago not a single shutdown/crash. & I have been leaving the computer for hours at a tme intead of just booting when I want to game.

Same, currently 4-5 pc resets (no BSOD or Error Logs) a day. Uninstall iCue, go for Weeks without issue. I'm fed up of it now, its been months and its unbelievable that I can't get help with this issue anywhere.