Corsair Community

prime 95 temps seem high

threebills9909

i just wanted to test prime 95 on my 4790k,i have a corsair h80i....i have a push pull on the fans,they were running at roundabouts 2600 rpm,i ran it for 15 mins,i didn't shutdown....but my temps were running 96-100 Celsius,and i DID make sure i cleaned and reapplied TIM(used artic silver,not too much,about a 3/4 inch line in the middle) and the cooler and cpu have a solid contact....what would be another reason that the temps are high like that? is it the corsair 80 cant handle it? I've read that temps should run under 70 Celsius to be acceptable,and i didn't manually overclock,i do though in BIOS have it set for optimum performance(asus z97 ar) so usually i see 4.4 to 4.6 ghz.

Any thoughts?

i just wanted to test prime 95 on my 4790k,i have a corsair h80i....i have a push pull on the fans,they were running at roundabouts 2600 rpm,i ran it for 15 mins,i didn't shutdown....but my temps were running 96-100 Celsius,and i DID make sure i cleaned and reapplied TIM(used artic silver,not too much,about a 3/4 inch line in the middle) and the cooler and cpu have a solid contact....what would be another reason that the temps are high like that? is it the corsair 80 cant handle it? I've read that temps should run under 70 Celsius to be acceptable,and i didn't manually overclock,i do though in BIOS have it set for optimum performance(asus z97 ar) so usually i see 4.4 to 4.6 ghz.

Any thoughts?

Take a look at my guide posted to help other forum members, here's the link

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=139165

It sound like the waterblock isn't making proper contact.

Intel doesn't recommend Prime for stability testing on Haswell CPUs. Use Aida64 or OCCT for stress testing, both will give a similar result.

Archived