The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > iCUE Software

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2019, 01:27 PM
digitalizeur's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006415
digitalizeur Reputation: 10
Default iCUE is not saving my parameters

If I reboot, everything disappears... Nice!

Windows 10 1903.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:01 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006456
c-attack c-attack Reputation: 107

Can you be a little more specific. "Everything" does not help with bug isolation.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:10 PM
overfixer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006457
overfixer Reputation: 10

Uninstall it . iCUE full with bugs since months. İts more buggy with 1903 freezing.

Install Corsair Link.
Old 05-31-2019, 07:32 PM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006459

Quote:
Originally Posted by overfixer View Post
Uninstall it . iCUE full with bugs since months. İts more buggy with 1903 freezing.

Install Corsair Link.
Not sure what your experience with a hardware problem has to do with his disappearing fan curves/temp readings/devices or whatever. You need to contact support to see about replacing your H100i v2 or go buy whatever other thing you want. Implying your situation is somehow related to his or that you even have one piece of hardware in common does help resolve the OP's issue.

No issues on 1903 for me, but then of course each system is somewhat unique.
Old 06-01-2019, 05:54 AM
digitalizeur's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006486

Quote:
Originally Posted by c-attack View Post
Can you be a little more specific. "Everything" does not help with bug isolation.
It is not saving my fans curves for the commander pro, I command the fan speeds for the gtx 1080 ti's temperatures. The all in one cpu cooler, fan curves and the pump's speed sets to silence whereas I'm using it at the maximum since there's no way of regulating the pump's speed by temperrature, but could be resolved with a simple software adaptation, nevermind, Corsair. But the lighting still saves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by overfixer View Post

Install Corsair Link.
Nah, I'm good, I'm gonna clean the registry, and, reinstall it somewhat.

Quote:
Not sure what your experience with a hardware problem has to do with his disappearing fan curves/temp readings/devices or whatever. You need to contact support to see about replacing your H100i v2 or go buy whatever other thing you want. Implying your situation is somehow related to his or that you even have one piece of hardware in common does help resolve the OP's issue.

No issues on 1903 for me, but then of course each system is somewhat unique.
Indeed, gonna reinstall it I guess, clean everything with Asus DIP5 like CCleaner, clean the register. Gonna work again.

Corsair: still a very good brand, good customer support, correct products, I'm still happy, but, this issue is weird, I think it's on my side on a brand new Windows 10 version 1903.
Old 06-01-2019, 07:29 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006490

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitalizeur View Post
It is not saving my fans curves for the commander pro, I command the fan speeds for the gtx 1080 ti's temperatures. The all in one cpu cooler, fan curves and the pump's speed sets to silence whereas I'm using it at the maximum since there's no way of regulating the pump's speed by temperrature, but could be resolved with a simple software adaptation, nevermind, Corsair. But the lighting still saves.
OK, that is the 'fan curve delete' bug referenced in the release notes for 3.16.57. It has been hanging around in the 3.15-3.16 versions with intermittent hits. I know people who get bit every time. It has only happened to me once. Corsair suggested in the patch notes the fix will be in 3.17.

In the meantime, make sure you back up the contents of your C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair folder to a safe place. That is all your profiles and settings and can be dropped back into CUE if you get a total wipe of the fan curves or anything else. Specifically, the curves are in the Corsair/iCUE/Cooling folder. Quit iCUE and the services, drop the copy of the cooling folder in, launch iCUE and it should return. Others have suggested their odds are better when quitting iCUE before shutdown, but I never do this and don't get stung, so I am not sure what the real trigger might be.
Old 06-01-2019, 04:49 PM
digitalizeur's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006548

Quote:
OK, that is the 'fan curve delete' bug referenced in the release notes for 3.16.57. It has been hanging around in the 3.15-3.16 versions with intermittent hits. I know people who get bit every time. It has only happened to me once. Corsair suggested in the patch notes the fix will be in 3.17.

In the meantime, make sure you back up the contents of your C:Users/(name)/App Data (hidden)/Roaming/Corsair folder to a safe place. That is all your profiles and settings and can be dropped back into CUE if you get a total wipe of the fan curves or anything else. Specifically, the curves are in the Corsair/iCUE/Cooling folder. Quit iCUE and the services, drop the copy of the cooling folder in, launch iCUE and it should return. Others have suggested their odds are better when quitting iCUE before shutdown, but I never do this and don't get stung, so I am not sure what the real trigger might be.
Well, at least, I'm not the only one suffering from this.

Nah, I'm goog, I will wait the next version to be released and I will configure again, it takes not so much of time to do.

But, do you think that there's a way of getting an older version of iCue like the nvidia drivers?
Old 06-02-2019, 08:12 AM
c-attack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1006602

Other third party sites usually post them. You probably want 3.14.104 -- as long as you don't have a Platinum H100i/H115i cooler.
Old 06-06-2019, 01:35 AM
I Fight For The Users
Dicehunter's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007097
Dicehunter Reputation: 16

I have the same problem, The latest iCUE wipes all my fan curves every reboot and now apparently the auto setting of "Quiet" means 1500RPM on all fans.
Old 06-06-2019, 02:11 AM
CORSAIR Beta Team
Zotty's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007099
Zotty Reputation: 52

Quote:
I know people who get bit every time. It has only happened to me once.

Yep.. It gets me pretty much every shutdown if i dont shut iCUE down prior to shutting down.... as said... it's reported bug and a fix should in place for 3.17 :)
Old 06-06-2019, 11:59 AM
digitalizeur's PC Specs

POST ID # = 1007146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zotty View Post
Yep.. It gets me pretty much every shutdown if i dont shut iCUE down prior to shutting down.... as said... it's reported bug and a fix should in place for 3.17 :)
And I hope they will add the % of battery of the headset for the taskbar icon.