H115i Platinum: USB reconnect every now and then, lighting goes crazy

momorious

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just bought the H100i Platimium RGB and I also have this issue. Puting the RGB on static lights seems to solve it but that a shame for a RGB device.

I remembered I also have problem with iCUE and my Corsair Glave mouse. Fixed nowaday bit at its release the mouse didn't work with iCUE enabled.

You need to make sure that you stop the service as well. It's the service that connects to the coolers/DIY devices.
No, that doesn't seem to matter. I can run the Corsair service just fine. The only important thing is to turn iCue off, then all the crashes/disconnects are gone and the service is still fully operational (without the service, some custom fan curves appear to not be working properly. And you can still monitor things with HWiNFO64, too while the service is running). Edited by Glzmo

So if you want to keep RGB rainbow, you have to shutdown iCUE or put the RGB light but avoid ARC or Rainbow. And like this, USB disconnect.

Well I was about to refound but I guess I'll keep it afterall.

But I hope they will fix it one day....

No, that doesn't seem to matter. I can run the Corsair service just fine. The only important thing is to turn iCue off, then all the crashes/disconnects are gone and the service is still fully operational (without the service, some custom fan curves appear to not be working properly. And you can still monitor things with HWiNFO64, too while the service is running).

With Corsair Service active, can't monitoring AIO/PSU with other program like SIV/Hwinfo ( just tried with HX850i + H150i Pro ).

So if I uninstalled iCUE I lose the settings stored in the aio?

For the aio you can set it to what you want then stop the program from loading when windows starts.

Still this is bull. Being told to run a static color on an RGB cooler? We know it's not the hardware directly as it runs fine as long as iCUE isn't loaded.

The only corsair part that didn't have a problem is my speakers.

With Corsair Service active, can't monitoring AIO/PSU with other program like SIV/Hwinfo ( just tried with HX850i + H150i Pro ).

So if I uninstalled iCUE I lose the settings stored in the aio?

Not sure about the Pro coolers. With Platinum coolers, you should be able to monitor with HWiNFO64 when the Corsair Service is running. I'm running HWiNFO64 v.6.03-3710 and it's working just fine with that for my H115i RGB Platinum cooler. The cooler is listed as "Corsair Platinum" there, thus I assume it will be the same for all platinum coolers. But Pro? Not sure, I thought Pro coolers weren't affected by the USB disconnects anyhow. Edited by Glzmo

Not sure about the Pro coolers. With Platinum coolers, you should be able to monitor with HWiNFO64 when the Corsair Service is running. I'm running HWiNFO64 v.6.03-3710 and it's working just fine with that. The cooler is listed as "Corsair Platinum" there.

I guess that's the latest beta version, perhaps the non-beta version doesn't support the cooler yet.

What will happen - and I've seen this over and over again with various devices - is that it will "appear" to work. But there will come a time when both devices access the cooler at the same time. Without iCUE running, the service is pinging the device less frequently. But it's still doing it. So it'll still happen. Randomly.

What will happen - and I've seen this over and over again with various devices - is that it will "appear" to work. But there will come a time when both devices access the cooler at the same time. Without iCUE running, the service is pinging the device less frequently. But it's still doing it. So it'll still happen. Randomly.
Maybe so. If so, it's a lot less frequently, though. I'm not really running HWiNFO 24/7, I just start it up when I want to check some stats and then shut it down again.

Maybe so. If so, it's a lot less frequently, though. I'm not really running HWiNFO 24/7, I just start it up when I want to check some stats and then shut it down again.

Fair enough. Just - if you see wonky readings in HWInfo (which will be your most likely symptom), you know where they come from. Give it a minute and they'll untangle themselves.

Because Highlander Mode.

Hi guys I just found a solution for me yesterday to make my H115i platinum working. I tested it for 5 hours during gaming with different type of games. I use to have a USB diconnect sound every minute.

First of all I removed the LINK app and I configured on my Icue a lightning link effect (rainbow wave) on my node pro. When I did that this effect was created on all of my corsair devices. I did not change anything on my h115i platinum. Since then I had no issues at all, running Icue all the time with the service. I don't know if this could be helpful for you guys but I hope it might be. Cheers

On my cooler it NEVER disconnected when I closed iCUE and stopped it from running.

Same problem here, with exactly the same product, also tried icue version v3.14.100 and update to latest firmware 1.0.033. It suddenly disconnects and reconnects randomly. The only thing it seems to work is to fix led color to one color instead of having full RGB rainbow

Another user with the same problem here... It's embarassing that Corsair doesn't solve this problem. Anybody of the company said something about this problem? It will be solved?

They updated iCUE with a software level fix yesterday, and said that hopefully it'll be fixed via firmware on 22nd April when they release iCUE 3.15

Here's the thread http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=186582

Edited by Broritos

This is wrong. They didn't updated iCUE with a software fix yesterday. They Only said they hope to release the fix with 3.15 on. 22nd April but for now there is NO fix in 3.14.104!

I'm still skeptical, they are quick to blame this on their vendor - and on steam with certain chip sets. Plenty of people have reported this issue who don't fall in that latter category.

I'm still skeptical, they are quick to blame this on their vendor - and on steam with certain chip sets. Plenty of people have reported this issue who don't fall in that latter category.

I'm one of those people in the latter category and I'm frustrated. I have a Ryzen 2700x and an Asus Crosshair Hero VII and I can't even see my H115i Platinum listed in iCue. The fans are running at 4,500 RPM and I can't turn them down. I'm jealous of those of you who can even get it to pop up even for a second. I'd rather have it show and disconnect than not show up at all so I have zero control over it.

What frustrates me is that Corsair doesn't really seem to be in any kind of rush to push a fix out. Instead, they tell us we have to wait three weeks, until April 22nd. Am I the only one that thinks that's unacceptable?

I'm one of those people in the latter category and I'm frustrated. I have a Ryzen 2700x and an Asus Crosshair Hero VII and I can't even see my H115i Platinum listed in iCue. The fans are running at 4,500 RPM and I can't turn them down. I'm jealous of those of you who can even get it to pop up even for a second. I'd rather have it show and disconnect than not show up at all so I have zero control over it.

What frustrates me is that Corsair doesn't really seem to be in any kind of rush to push a fix out. Instead, they tell us we have to wait three weeks, until April 22nd. Am I the only one that thinks that's unacceptable?

Its completely unacceptable and I will likely not buy anything from Corsair for a very long time...

Have you tried this?

How to fix edit; delete iCUE software , Re put usb on corsair product , install latest version iCUE. if this solution doesn't work ; than go control panel / devices / right click on Corsair USBXp Driver / fix problem / restart pc.

• Corsair Employee
Apologizes on the long delay, but we are trying to get this resolved as soon as possible. We understand that users are experiencing issues with the platinum coolers for some time now. Unfortunately, there’s variations to this issue. We are working with our vendor to sort these out. Users that are affected by Steam should see the disconnect issue resolved in v3.15

Apologizes on the long delay, but we are trying to get this resolved as soon as possible. We understand that users are experiencing issues with the platinum coolers for some time now. Unfortunately, there’s variations to this issue. We are working with our vendor to sort these out. Users that are affected by Steam should see the disconnect issue resolved in v3.15

What about users who even get disconnects without Steam running? Will there be a bug recall for the Platinum coolers which will be replaced by a v2 version free of charge or how do you plan to handle these affected customers?

• Corsair Employee

Hey everyone, I have a small update for you.

We are working internally on tracking these issues - and I say issues because it seems to be that the "lost connection" issues can present themselves in different ways on different hardware.

In the next version of iCUE (current publish date estimated 4/22 right now) we have a fix for some of the issues, but it won't fix it for 100% of our customers since there are multiple potential root causes.

In the meantime, please be aware that we are taking this issue extremely seriously and I apologize for the lack of direct communication from CORSAIR prior to today.

We will be posting periodic updates with new information as we get them.

• Corsair Employee
What about users who even get disconnects without Steam running? Will there be a bug recall for the Platinum coolers which will be replaced by a v2 version free of charge or how do you plan to handle these affected customers?

My apologies about the issues you're having with the Platinum series cooler.

Until we have root cause, any discussion of a course of action is premature.

To ALL people having current issues with iCUE disconnect, we've put together an internal task force that is going to need as much data as possible.

Please send an email to iCueDisconnect@corsair.com with the following information.

SUBJECT: iCUE Disconnect

DESCRIPTION OF ISSUE: (ie - "H100i disconnects randomly" or "HX1200i PSU not recognized")

Then, go to iCUE, export your system config, and attach it to the email:

MDaucAq.png

Please also include:

* Are you running any other monitoring software? (Afterburner, AI Suite, etc)

* On your motherboard, which connector are you using for Commander Pro, PSU, Cooler, or other device?

* Which game launchers, if any, are running? (Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc)

Send that email to us and we will hopefully be able to recreate the issue across a wider array of potential systems - thus helping us squash some of these bugs.

Thanks!

Edited by Corsair George