The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Cooling

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 64 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-10-2013, 05:24 PM
Zheka's PC Specs

POST ID # = 669409
Zheka Reputation: 10

Hello. Have the same story here.

Installed today, same behaviour, pump working, fans spinning, LED on, but no show in Corsair Link...

Also my mini ItX Asus Z87I-PRO motherboard have only one USB 2 connection on board (10-1 pin USB910)... Latest USB3 drivers installed, Windows 8.1

Old 08-13-2013, 01:58 AM
kingarthal's PC Specs

POST ID # = 669671
kingarthal Reputation: 10
Default Same issue with H100i

Purchased a H100i Last week.. Installed correctly... Im having the same issue with the Link software detection. If I physically change the Usb header the pump unit is plugged in to it detects the h100i and i can control the fans etc. but every time i restart the system is fails to detect. so i have to keep changing the usb header back and forth between two header to get it to detect every time i restart. unplugging and re plugging to the same header dosent work either. it has to be a different usb header for it to work.

This has been very frustrating and have purchased a PWM Y splitter cable so i can get rid of all the Corsair Link crap and let to motherboard CPU fan header control the fans.

Also was wondering if the H100i unit controls the fan speeds according the CPU temp with out corsair link? (with out any control settings form link v2 just like the motherboard would.. so i can keep the fans plugged to the pump and ditch the usb connection).

Basically I am a fan of Corsair products.. but the failure of the H100i (SO MANY Units) and the garbage software integration and unbelievable lack of support is extremely disappointing. (when can we expect an official fix for this so the unit can run the way it is supposed to)

Quick reply will be much appreciated..

Old 08-14-2013, 05:05 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 669944
RAM GUY Reputation: 10

Zomgtuberun,
Good news and that symptom where the fans rev up especially at start up is normal it is a self test so no worries there.

Zheka
I am sorry but Windows 8.1 is not supported at this time only Windows 7 and Windows 8.0. But if you search on the forum there are a few users who have been able to get it working.

kingarthal
I am not clear on why you think this way, we sell more than 120K of these coolers a week so while there are a lot of people who have questions or issues, the number is small in comparison to what we are selling. But just complaining with out providing any information is not going to get this working for you. Look I am sorry that you have an issue but we really need some more details to know what might be the cause.
What O.S. are you using and if its not listed in your profile the Make and model of MB you have would be helpful as well. And Corsair Link will not show up in Device manager only the generic USB hub it uses to connect.
And please if you can go to our Links software under Options and About and tell me the version you have installed then please post a screen shot of the device tab with any corsair device expended and post a screen shot

Old 08-15-2013, 04:58 PM
Zheka's PC Specs

POST ID # = 670097
Zheka Reputation: 10

Thank you RAM GUY.
Fixed my problem with the fix posted here
http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=120962.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:41 PM

POST ID # = 670308
trebado Reputation: 10

I am having a similar issue.

Corsair Link does not detect my H100i or any of the fans (besides the GPU fan).

The fans are running, I just can't see them in Corsair Link.

I thought I might need to upgrade the firmware (to 1.07), but when I attempted this I got an Error Message:

"Status: ERROR Loading Firmware File"

I verified that the relevant Device Manager drivers are installed, and am running Windows 7 Pro SP1.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

RMA???

Old 08-16-2013, 09:03 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 670310
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebado View Post
I am having a similar issue.

Corsair Link does not detect my H100i or any of the fans (besides the GPU fan).

The fans are running, I just can't see them in Corsair Link.

I thought I might need to upgrade the firmware (to 1.07), but when I attempted this I got an Error Message:

"Status: ERROR Loading Firmware File"

I verified that the relevant Device Manager drivers are installed, and am running Windows 7 Pro SP1.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

RMA???
try hooking to another usb,you may also see if theres a usb confliction by removing any connecting usb devices and trying it,...

Old 08-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 670751

That error would suggest the software is not detecting the USB connection.
And do not update the firmware unless you you have an issue when connected to Corsairs Link and Lighting Kit.
When you installed the software did you right click on the Install file and run it as an administrator?

Old 09-03-2013, 07:28 AM

POST ID # = 672723

Yes, I've tried installing as Administrator, I tried all the USB ports, but yesterday it worked all day today when I called the computer did not work ... I give up.

Old 09-03-2013, 07:13 PM
Corsair Product Guru

POST ID # = 672828

"When you called the computer"???? Please explain, was this from Sleep mode or on a cold boot?

Old 09-10-2013, 07:27 PM
Zomgtuberun's PC Specs

POST ID # = 673914
Zomgtuberun Reputation: 10

Just posting a final update about my situation. I fixed the problem by a very stupid way, and as I thought it was only my fault for being lazy

Here was my first intuition which revealed itself to be true: It was a driver (or a hardware) compatibility issue
My opinion is that the corsair link software didn't detect my motherboard because it was too recent.

When I installed Ma-Config, it suggested a few USB drivers which I did download and install. The problem persisted.
I installed a program which was recommended by Gigabyte, to go with my motherboard. This particular program recommended even more drivers DIRECTLY from the Gigabyte website, which included some USB drivers. I installed about 2 hours of those drivers, and it seems to have fixed the problem, the corsair link software can detect some of my hardware, (which I don't really care besides the H100i itself).

I felt obligated to post and thank the Corsair online support staff for their suggestions.

Old 09-10-2013, 08:07 PM
`~~`
wytnyt's PC Specs

POST ID # = 673917
wytnyt wytnyt Reputation: 159
Send a message via ICQ to wytnyt Send a message via AIM to wytnyt Send a message via Yahoo to wytnyt Send a message via Skype™ to wytnyt

good to see you got it all ironed out and working for you...

Old 09-26-2013, 01:03 PM

POST ID # = 676127

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAM GUY View Post
"When you called the computer"???? Please explain, was this from Sleep mode or on a cold boot?

called the computer a cold boot normal, e possivel conseguir suporte remoto, conectado direto na minha maquina?

Old 10-11-2013, 11:10 AM
allie966's PC Specs

POST ID # = 678055
allie966 Reputation: 10

same problem :/

Old 01-02-2014, 02:45 PM

POST ID # = 690499
boostedevo93 Reputation: 10

How u doing? I am have the same problem as kingarthal. When the computer is on and I switch the USB headers the h100i is recognized and I can change fan speeds and led and what not but as soon as I restart the computer and it goes away and the h100i is not reconized. I have a MSI fm2-a75ma-e35 with the newest download from corsairs website. Please help I would like to stop racking my brain trying to fix it. Thanks for any help in advance

Old 01-02-2014, 08:38 PM
Beardless
Insomniack's PC Specs

POST ID # = 690548
Insomniack Reputation: 55

Do you have the latest motherboard drivers installed, and no errors in Device Manager?

Tags
corsair link cooling kit, h100i led/corsairlink2