The Corsair User Forums  

Go Back   The Corsair User Forums > Corsair Product Discussion > Corsair Link

Notices

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 19 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 10:43 PM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 598238
GTXJackBauer Reputation: 16

Does anyone know what "RPM Divider" I would set my 2x Swiftech MCP-35x (PWM Pumps)? I would greatly appreciate it as I have them set as "Fans" which are just reading off as Fan RPM speeds. Thanks

Old 10-31-2012, 08:18 PM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 610768

Here is what my new setup looks like. Overall I will say the program is much better than what it was and still think its in Beta state but it is moving along. Starts up approprately when window starts and minimizes as it should. Happy to see that.

My after market temp sensors "Water Temp (In)" and "Water Temp (Out)" seem to work great along w/ the corsair provided temp sensor which is labeled "Ambient Air".

My only worries are more response and accuracy of my fans or any fans really out in the market. My bottom intake 140mm makes a rattling noise that ppl have complained about this type of fan noise in the past especially when change it up or push it to max rpm. The radiator fans seem fine and do not make that type of noise. Another issue I noticed was the RPM readings seem to be frozen at times and either don't change at all even though you know the fans were set slower or faster/max. You know this while customizing it and you can clearly hear the fan noise increase but just the readings don't move at all or might jump to a set RPM reading some time later. I can't remember which software or firmware it was where I had a better reading back than and it always fluctuated every sec.

The HD temps obviously don't seem accurate, and still wondering if theres a "pump divider" setting I can setup my pumps at. My pumps are PWM and have been programmed to work/read like fans so I'am not sure if I really need to use the pump divider or just leave them the way they are.

I also hope we can get a much higher range in Temps when customizing our LEDs to it. 50c is the set max and for the LED profiles for example I have it customized with the temperature of the CPU and to fluctuate colors. The color would be red (when it should be greenish) when my CPU temps arent even higher than 40c when red is 50c. Even though its all customized properly, sometimes I guess it forgets? On most start ups I don't run into this issue but seems to forget at times. And last but not least, the option to buy LEDs seperately. :P

Last edited by GTXJackBauer; 11-02-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:05 PM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 620641

I've recently upgraded my fans and would like for these to be tested with the link and coded/programmed in.

Fans - http://www.swiftech.com/Helix120mm-PWM.aspx

I also noticed that my temp sensor through the Link is a few Celcius off with the one I have externally used from Swiftech and the fan RPM readings on the Link seem to be frozen in place and don't move around accordingly as most if not all fan controllers do to give you a accurate estimate.

Heres of what my Link looks like as it has changed and things were added to it.

Anyone have any questions please ask.

Last edited by GTXJackBauer; 12-19-2012 at 09:08 PM.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:43 AM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 630225

Here is a updated recent picture with the Link Software monitoring the PSU (AX1200i) under its own tab.

Here is a picture of my rig with the nice blue LEDs from the Link.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:20 AM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 639892

Not bad for an update but I notice I do have existing issues.

My PWM fans are more responsive but the readings from setting it at a fixed RPM to what its reading are off by about 150+ RPM. (Same as before, nothings changed really. It's possible a Firmware for the cooling node can fix this?)

My 3-Pin internal intake fan (140mm) makes a horrid sound when set at least 40% Fixed mode so I can't touch that and the lights on it pulse. I think this is because it's not a PWM fan. (Same as before)

My other issue is its not picking up my devices connected to another cooling node. Because of that I have no control of my water pumps (Both PWM), no flow rate for my loop which is shown in RPM and another fan that is connected to it. Again, the node does show up under Devices.

When resizing the Link window around I noticed even when its a saved profile that the icons don't go back to their programmed spot that they were saved on. You need to relocate them back where they were on the case image.

I do like the fact that the HD S.M.A.R.T temps are in working order now.

Everything connected to my 1st cooling node is recognised and named which is great.

L.E.D lighting work just fine under temp as I've noticed where some said they had issues with. (For those having issues make sure you place the LEDs in the CPU Group under the Groups Tab.)

Don't see much harddrive "thrashing" either.

I hope this information will help the software engineers in improving this product.

Last edited by GTXJackBauer; 03-15-2013 at 07:29 PM.

Old 03-14-2013, 11:37 PM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 640400

I also forgot to mention on my GTX 680 box I can't drop down to 'Power' like I used to. I only have temperature that I can see and nothing else. Wondering if that got disabled for the time being.

Old 03-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Liquid Cooling Addict
GTXJackBauer's PC Specs

POST ID # = 640892

Looks like this program might be not be such an improvement for me personally after all. My fans are out of control. My back radiator fan is too low so I raise the "Fixed RPM" up and nothing happens. But when I set it up lower to around 1000-1200 it shoots max and raises the RPM of my 6 other fans on the top radiator. This is a freakin joke. I don't think anything got really fixed other than the HD thrashing and Windows 8 compatibility. The main basics still don't work as intended. I will say this again. I should be credited by corsair for the beta work I've done for them (putting the link in actual real advanced enviroments) and be under their beta support team as I have been since its release in Jan 2012.

Tags
ax1200i, corsair link cooling kit, pumps, radiators, water cooling