Corsair Community

Every now and then C1 will not wake up

flazoon

It happened to me twice already (this morning and couple of weeks before): attempt to wake up the machine in the morning by pressing some keys and/or moving/clicking the mouse but nothing happens (no blue lights, no screen activity). Pushing the power button doesn't help either. The computer is not turned off though. Holding the power button pressed for a few seconds will turn it off and it will turn on fine after that.

Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions?

I encountered this with the first Corsair One I received, but not the second (RMA'd) version.

Based on what I've read, try resetting the BIOS using the hardware method (button in back). Look up Corsair's instructions in their FAQ's for the proper steps. This solved the problem for a couple of people.

If that doesn't work for you, and Corsair doesn't have another suggestion, then I would RMA it. Lockups which require you to cold-shutdown the system like that aren't a good thing.

This could also be a windows/firmware thing, could it not?

I've never trusted sleep in windows...never...

Had huge problems with a MS Surface Book...it was a driver issue and an Intel/CPU issue that eventually got resolved (mostly) via firmware updates...

Bottom line, I never use sleep on a desktop.

Archived