Corsair Community

Unable to update Force 3 from 1.3.3 to 5.07 using Toolbox

Pr0gen

Hi folks,

New to the forums so be gentle :)

I've got a 120gb Corsair Force 3 SSD, and what with Titanfall coming out soon, I thought I'd check my read/write speed and see if there's any new firmware I should get.

I used CrystalDiskMark to check the read/write speeds and I'm getting about 180mb Read/100mb write on sequential (Note: I'm running Windows 7 64bit). So thought, hmm, yep, should probably check for firmwares for the SSD.

Went to Corsair's site and grabbed Toolbox, it tells me I'm on firmware v1.3.3 ...yea, so, just a bit out of date! lol. So, I told it to update to the latest firmware (5.07) but before the new firmware has even downloaded, it fails.

I looked through a few of the forums and there's various bit of sporadic information like plugging the drive in to another machine (note: nope, I don't have a 2nd or spare machine), rebooting it, slaving it to another, plugging it in a different SATA port etc... so thought it best to just ask you knowledgeable folk directly! :)

Can anyone help?

Cheers!

The SSD toolbox does not support FW updating from 1.3.X to 5.0.X. You'll need to use the manual updater in order to do it.

FW 5.05

http://forum.corsair.com/forums/showthread.php?t=117994

Great! Thanks! 'tis most appreciated.

Have to admit: that's the quickest reply I've had from *any* support dept, ever. :)

I'll letcha know how I get on.

Cheers!

Archived