Corsair Community

VX450W making me crazy - sound

andremestre

Hi

My corsair is making a stupid annoying and loud sound but only when i'm not stressing the pc.

Example : Start intelburntest - sound stops

Stop intelburntest - sound starts

The sound comes from the PSU and is really annoying. Anyone knows how to solve this? It's kind of strange the problem :S

P.S. The sound isn't supressed by any fan... Just stops..

Best reagards

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy too. I just don't know what to do anymore. RMA takes to long to complete. Is or motherboard AMD ? I have a ASUS M4A785TDV-EVO and i've tried to update de bios, loaded bios default settings, tested the system on linux, disabled Cool 'n quiet and C1E but nothing seems to solve my problem.

I'm having the same problem and it's driving me crazy too. I just don't know what to do anymore. RMA takes to long to complete. Is or motherboard AMD ? I have a ASUS M4A785TDV-EVO and i've tried to update de bios, loaded bios default settings, tested the system on linux, disabled Cool 'n quiet and C1E but nothing seems to solve my problem.

exactly like me. But what really pisses me off is that so many complaiments about this HORRIBLE sound and corsair doesn't do a thing...

Premium Brand...

É impressão minha ou você é brasileiro também ? :D:

At first I got scared because of the noise thinking "I've paid a lot of money for this premium brand psu, if it has a problem maybe it's just me". But after googling i've realized that so many others have the same exact issue, and not only with this particular Corsair's psu, as I can see it happens with many other models from this *greatpremiumextraqualityexpensive Corsair PSU.

Considering that i'm from Brazil and RMA would take so long and be so expensive that it would be cheaper just buying some other brand PSU here. Very, very disappointed Corsair. :mad:

If you happen to solve the problem please let me know. I'll do the same.

I´ve realized earlier after doing some tests that maybe our problem (that shouldn't be ours) is the Asus EPU. Since this problem seems to be related to power saving settings in motherboar BIOS and this being the only feature that can't be disabled maybe it's our problem's source.

Unfortunatelly I don't have another power hungry non-Asus system to test the PSU and confirm that the main problem is this crazy (not more than the psu) EPU.

I´ve realized earlier after doing some tests that maybe our problem (that shouldn't be ours) is the Asus EPU. Since this problem seems to be related to power saving settings in motherboar BIOS and this being the only feature that can't be disabled maybe it's our problem's source.

Unfortunatelly I don't have another power hungry non-Asus system to test the PSU and confirm that the main problem is this crazy (not more than the psu) EPU.

Yeah...

Sou português não brasileiro :D

No solutions?

Sorte sua. hehe

It seems like it's a general issue with some PSU's, no matter what brand it is. It may or may not happen.

You can take a look at this thread http://forum.clubedohardware.com.br/corsair-cmpsu-vx450w/570671/43 where vx 450 owners are claiming the same issue. It's from a very dignified brazilian hardware forum.

I took a look and realized that many Corsair's PSU's owners have the same issue and have tried many things to get rid of the problem, but no lucky.

My conclusion: we can either get used to the noise because it's normal and doesn't mean that the PSU is faulty or get RMA'd.

Count me in too... :confused:

I even pulled out the GPU and ran on onboard video. That just made it louder.

Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H

I have a 450 VX that works perfectly with a Gigabyte 785 board but this new 450 VX has serious QC problems. Extreme coil whine.

If the PSU is loud enough to be bothersome then please Request an RMA.

Sorry that my first post was a complaint. My experience with everything Corsair has been TOP NOTCH even your website info on your products is an A+ and after I purchased my 1st 450 VX I was very impressed with it. I dont suppose a trade UP to a higher wattage model is possible for a fee? One that has a lower RMA record? The PC is meant to be an HTPC and any noise is not tolerable

Things are complicated. No other same priced quality PSU. Taking a chance of waiting a long time for the RMA and receiving another PSU with the same irritating noise.

You just don't know how sad i am... When the school start, i can't study with the pc turned on... .PPT and .PDF.... I'm screwed :X

Archived