Corsair Community

iCUE 3.19 System Interrupts High CPU Usage

momorious

i do not see any of these problems with 3.19.

I also started using the default usb polling rate (125Hz) for keybord (K75 rapid) and my mouse (G502 Logi). This looks to be alot better for the complete usb system.

This overpolling is just BS. In fact it is counterproductive.

What RAM are you using?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my ram is a mix of dominator plat 1333 ddr3 16 Gb (2*8) + 8Gb (2*4) generic identical timings to the dominator platinum.

It should run at 1600Mhz (xmp) but that is no longer possible since Intel microcodeupdates apparently.

For the rest iCue works pretty much like it should. It controls my k75 rapidfire, my void usb headset and my Hx1000i psu.

Edited by cplifj

my ram is a mix of dominator plat 1333 ddr3 16 Gb (2*8) + 8Gb (2*4) generic identical timings to the dominator platinum.

It should run at 1600Mhz (xmp) but that is no longer possible since Intel microcodeupdates apparently.

For the rest iCue works pretty much like it should. It controls my k75 rapidfire, my void usb headset and my Hx1000i psu.

And there we have the reason why of course you dont see the issues of iCUE 3.19. You do not use RGB Ram, which seems to be one of the reasons for the CPU usage issues of this version.

You would not experience this problem.

same issues here.

just un-installed newest and re-installed the 3.18.77 from a link on previous page and all is good again.

i noticed the crazy system slowdowns mainly when i was downloading fast/large files, or even running a speed test. this really made no sense to me since it was internet/network usage. however, anytime my net usage was high, the mouse started becoming unresponsive for several seconds over and over.

went through a lot of wasted time messing with NIC drivers, video card drivers, etc, and in the end it was iCue.

after i saw this thread, uninstalled iCue, rebooted to no iCue installed, all was fine. installed 3.18.77, all is good.

Add me to the list on this. I've been ripping my hair out over this for 18 hours.

I had two 8GB sticks of Corsair Vengeance LED RAM (installed October 2018), and then I decided this week to add two more of the same model to get 32GB of RAM.

After installing the extra RAM, I wanted to sync up the lighting of them so I downloaded the iCue app. It's been a couple days, so I forgot all about iCue being updated.

Next time I booted up a game I noticed I was getting sluggish gameplay, so I assumed maybe it was an issue with the new RAM, or maybe my MOBO/CPU doesn't like 4 sticks. But then no matter what configuration of RAM I put in my MOBO I saw no difference.

I've run a million tests, uninstalled and reinstalled a ton of drivers. I even tried putting games at the lowest graphics settings and still saw poor performance. And when I was ready to give up and reinstall windows my buddy found this thread. Reinstalled the older iCue app, rebooted my computer, and now all is well.

I'm running a 2080 TI, 32GB of RAM, 8800k, that level of performance was on par with my 970, 8GB of RAM, and a 2500k.

Edited by gentlebumtouch

Ive been using 3.19 since getting my H115i cooler beginning of this week and im getting 14% cpu usage on my i7 7700k and around 400mb+ memory usage for icue, if thats the cost of having rgb memory and an rgb cooler then i`ll go back to white led`s and my h110i gt and just run link until Corsair completely drop support or my h110i gt cooler dies.

EDIT

I've downgraded to 3.18 and now i get 3.5% give or take .5% and 500 Mb memory usage, down side it i had to delete my settings to get Icue 3.18 to run without shutting down straight away, i now have the dashboard showing the same details with a lot less cost on the cpu.

Im guessing updates dont get pre-tested before release.

Another issue i have with 3.18 is it wont display any ssd/nvme drive info because it does not detect any.

Another Edit

Just noticed...if i shut icue and just run it in the background it drops down to between .5 and 1.5%cpu usage.... 3.18 for keeps but with a broken the division 2 rgb profile

Edited by racdavies

This is what is happening when run I iCue 3.19.120:

attachment.php?attachmentid=36545&stc=1&d=1568331916

Once iCUE is killed, everything is fine. LightingService from Asus is off.

It rape CPU through Windows Kernel.

Corsair HW what I have:

- AX860i

- 4x Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (SW mode is off)

- Lighting Node PRO (6xLL fans + 6 LED Strips)

- H150i

Windows 10 1903 (18362.356)

icue_319120.jpg.965e8ad9a18ccc4244aeab4682ef696c.jpg

Edited by Ingvarr100th

Would be nice if there was a feature to "disable" a specific device's control in iCue (and in other software like Gigabyte's Fusion 2).

When problems that appear to be related to a specific component occur, it would be useful to just disable that specific components control, rather than have the software continue to interact with the hardware, often meaning having to rollback the update etc.

Similar annoyance I have is not being able to stop Fusion 2.0 from trying to manage my Corsair RAM, thus conflicting with iCue. You should be able to enable/disable RGB control of components in all of these rgb control software tools.

And there we have the reason why of course you dont see the issues of iCUE 3.19. You do not use RGB Ram, which seems to be one of the reasons for the CPU usage issues of this version.

Not everyone that uses ICUE has RGB Ram. I and Many Many Others just use ICUE for the KB and Mouse and we users of Corsair KB's and Mice do not need the Bloated ICUE. Can't Corsair release something just for KB & Mice use. To have a program that takes up over 1/2 of a Gig is stupid.

If this is not rectified I may go to another vendor. Corsair is not the only supllier of RGB Keyboards.

I found this thread after narrowing down the issue of buggy iCUE software downgrading what should have been an upgrade to my cooling system. I just bought a Corsair CPU block, GPU block, pump/res and a Commander Pro to manage it all. After installing everything yesterday I ran Heaven and immediately noticed the stuttering and massive drop in FPS others have reported. I eventually ran CPU-Z and saw the incredible drop in single core performance others here have posted about.

Since this bug results in a CPU issue, it impacts everything we do on our system. High FPS games that are CPU bound are severely impacted. Once you push the graphics settings up and shift the burden to the GPU the symptoms are less severe, but still impact performance. Synthetic tools make it easy to diagnose (CPU-Z, Cinebench).

Completely uninstalling the iCUE software returned performance to expected levels. Unfortunately, it took a number of other steps before I narrowed the problem down to iCUE and got rid of it.

I'm surprised Corsair hasn't pulled down the buggy version of iCUE, instead risking those of us who have high end systems and lots of disposable income returning hundreds of dollars worth of their hardware because of their free, buggy software. I'm especially surprised since earlier in this thread they reported they can replicate the problem and have a root cause. I guess they've done the math and they'd rather lose sales from a few of us who spend lots on their hardware than offer a known solution to a known problem.

System Specs for the record

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero Wi-Fi - Z370

i7-8700K (Corsair XC7)

32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO (CMW32GX4M4C3200C16W)

EVGA 2080 Ti (Corsair XG7)

Corsair XD5 pump/res

Corsair Commander Pro

Still considering returning the cooling hardware as it doesn't work as it should without the iCUE software. I can pick another set of blocks and pump/res that will work with the rest of my hardware / software easily enough. I can't wait until the end of the month on a "maybe" from Corsair.

Thats not correct. I already did update to a new version, disliked that version, uninstalled that version and went back to the older version WITHOUT losing all profiles so it is very much possible to downgrade to an older version, of course.

And no, I am not the only one with the high CPU usage bug as you can read in this thread. And I bet there are a lot of other users out there with that issue once you can download it through the Corsair sites (which is still not the case, you only get it through icue itself atm and not everyone clicks every day on the check for update button without seeing here in the forums a sticky that there is a new version - which was also not posted yet). Therefore the user-group is indeed VERY small for now and this issue will become widespread once its release is communicated and published on the corsair site.

And as you can also read, I already re-installed 3.19 to check the CPU usage bug - profiles still all deleted, folder empty btw, completely vanilla.

Dont know why you defend corsair that much. Yes, obviously you are a betatester but there is an abvoius bug which cant be ignored and defended.

I downgraded to 3.18 but icue would not run with the data left behind so had to completely remove icue and all related files before 3.18 would run properly, even after deleting everything my profile i created was still there.

Is there any word on when we can expect an update? I've had to uninstall CUE to fix the massive fps drop, which is a big pain when most of my pc is made out of corsair components.

They keep their usual monthly update scheme, so end of September at the earliest. Maybe even end of October if they can't fixed it yet...

I decided to sign up on this terrible companies site, just to join the collection of individuals in this issue.

Get your SH** together, Corsair.

In my short lifetime with Corsair products of two years at most, I have gone through:

-Two Corsair KEYBOARDS

-A MOUSE

-Constant random ticks and blips from the keyboard LEDs still to this day

-RAM LEDs are laggy and fall out of sync almost instantly from turning on PC

-Had MULTIPLE emails to Corsair purposely ignored until *surprise* my 30 days was up before they responded and tried to use the 30 day clause, which turned into a year long email battle just to get a simple exchange on CORSAIR RAM for another style & spec......

Now your iCUE program is killing my FPS in all my games.

Less than a week ago I unplugged the monitor cables to move the screen, and plugged it all back in... It did not occur to me that around the same time that day, I also updated iCUE.

I went from a gaming PC of constant 144hz/fps, to sickening 30-130fps constant spiking around.

I came to the conclusion that I thought my DisplayPort cable had the fabled "20pin" and killed my gtx1070 video card after the reconnecting, so I REPLACED THE DP CABLE, AND INSTALLED A GTX1080 INSTEAD THAT I BOUGHT BNIB FROM A FRIEND......

waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!

When that still did not fix it, I started attacking the damn CORSAIR RAM thinking "THAT must be my next issue, it IS a Corsair product after all".....

In all of that chaos of literally thinking I have a serious issue.... I find this thread talking about iCUE, and LOW AND BEHOLD, SHUTTING DOWN iCUE FIXED THIS TERRIBLE ISSUE.

So the problem DID turn out to be CORSAIR... Just not the Corsair RAM.

Renaming the files did not fix my issue.

At this point I am done with Corsair.

You guys make cr*p products.

You have cr*p customer service.

I knew I shouldn't have left Logitech & EVGA just so I could have "pretty flashy colors" and I did it anyway. Lesson Learned.

I've lost my patience with Corsair and now I have no problem being a pissy, spoiled customer about it.

Spent way too much money trying out the Corsair brand, and in the dust settling, Im still stuck with Corsair RAM, Keyboard, headphones and PSU.

At this point, I silently beg that my PSU survives the Corsair name...

I'll be doing my best to phase all this Corsair junk out of my PC, until then, why don't you guys do some good for once and fix your stupid iCUE trash.

While your busy doing that, I'll be doing some good and telling people NOT to buy Corsair. :wtfman:

Went through multiple days of troubleshooting and windows re-installs only to find out this trash software update caused so many issues, features included...

- about 30% lower fps in CPU intensive games

- stutter and choppy experience in game

- pegged single core CPU usage

- tanked system performance easily seen in bench marks i.e GPU scores, CPU scores and SSD read/ writes, all dramatically low.

This really isn't good enough, hours wasted troubleshooting suspected component failure and it was all because of cue... Went back to 3.18.77 and all problems fixed. Like others I try to avoid companies that spit out software that turns your system into hot garbage.

As far as i read from other people's replies, corsair support doesn't care, or they don't have support in their forums - interaction.

Anyways, a lot of people complain, abs zero activity from them, not for the first time as far as i know.

So.. They have only a production line and everything ends there ? :D

I feel ashamed from having so much gear from a company, who doesn't care.

As far as i read from other people's replies, corsair support doesn't care, or they don't have support in their forums - interaction.

Anyways, a lot of people complain, abs zero activity from them, not for the first time as far as i know.

So.. They have only a production line and everything ends there ? :D

I feel ashamed from having so much gear from a company, who doesn't care.

The replied they were aware and working on a release in this thread.

Same CPU system interrupts issues here. I remembered a way to save your current profile settings. Copy and paste this folder C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Corsair\CUE

Make sure you paste the CUE folder to your desktop for easier access then uninstall your icue software and download the 3.18.77 version by google searching corsair icue 3.18.77 and download from softpedia like I did.

Then copy and paste the cue folder back to the same location and your settings should be back :)

Edited by Mr Mcgoo
Added URL on 1st post by mistake