Corsair Community

Lighting Node Pro not detected by iCue

dominco

Good morning/evening ladies and gentleman,

A while back (2-3 weeks) I have purchased Omega Spec RGB case that came with 2 HD 120fans, fan hub and a Lighting node Pro. Everything was working fine until yesterday (28/JUN/2018). When I turned on my computer the front LED strip nor any of my fans were lighting up. When I opened the iCUE there was a new update, so I downloaded it, but nothing happened - in terms of LED still not working. However, I can still adjust the speed of the fans, I also unplugged the cable that goes from NoPro to 2.0 header on MB, and the front strip and fans lighted up, but I was unable to control the speed. Moreover, in past the NoPro would appear as Chassis (if I remember correctly) on my iCUE and when I clicked on it it had 3 separate tabs from which I could control strip and my two fans. Now however, it does not detect any chassis, just my strafe keyboard. Is that something you could help me guys please?

Thank you in advance,

First question ... did anything change (besides the iCue update)? BIOS update? Windows Update? Anything?

Next ... take a look in USBDeView (http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html) and see what's there. Corsair's VID is 1b1c. You should see a device there.

Finally ... turn off fast startup in both your BIOS and Windows and make sure that XHCI handoff is enabled.

Hello DevBiker,

Everything was up to date, the USBDeView was detecting the NoPro but as not connected (silver dot). I changed to second USB 2.0 header and it started working. Now the question is why the first one decided to stop functioning :/

But thank you very much for your help. I have remaning corsair RGB gear coming in tomorrow, hopefully I will not experience any problems

It sounds like there is a USB detection/initialization issue going on, not an issue with iCue itself. Make sure that your chipset drivers are up to date and not the Windows default drivers. There may also be some USB settings in Device Manager that you would need to play with.

I just tried different cable and it didnt work, but when I plugged back in the original cable and turned on the computer everything lighted up. I have theory that the cable is getting loose or something. for the next few days I will always check before turning on the computer if the cable is properly plugged. If the issue will persists I will try to reinstall windows.

I just tried different cable and it didnt work, but when I plugged back in the original cable and turned on the computer everything lighted up. I have theory that the cable is getting loose or something. for the next few days I will always check before turning on the computer if the cable is properly plugged. If the issue will persists I will try to reinstall windows.

I don't think that reinstalling Windows will help unless it's an issue with the USB driver. In that case, it's better to just install the chipset drivers from your motherboard vendor.

That makes two of us. Today I checked that the cable is plugged correctly, turned on the computer and nothing. switched to different 2.0 header and it lighted up.

That's gotta be an issue with initialization on boot. There really isn't anything else that it could be at this point.

Good morning/evening ladies and gentleman,

A while back (2-3 weeks) I have purchased Omega Spec RGB case that came with 2 HD 120fans, fan hub and a Lighting node Pro. Everything was working fine until yesterday (28/JUN/2018). When I turned on my computer the front LED strip nor any of my fans were lighting up. When I opened the iCUE there was a new update, so I downloaded it, but nothing happened - in terms of LED still not working. However, I can still adjust the speed of the fans, I also unplugged the cable that goes from NoPro to 2.0 header on MB, and the front strip and fans lighted up, but I was unable to control the speed. Moreover, in past the NoPro would appear as Chassis (if I remember correctly) on my iCUE and when I clicked on it it had 3 separate tabs from which I could control strip and my two fans. Now however, it does not detect any chassis, just my strafe keyboard. Is that something you could help me guys please?

Thank you in advance,

Assuming you didn't touch any of the settings and it suddenly was not able to work properly.

It would be due to the following reasons:

1)The new iCue software at version 3.4.95

2)Loose connections coming from the PSU instead of the pins you connected to the motherboard

You can try to:

1)Roll back to the previous version to see if it still works

2)Do a replug of the connections at PSU and ensure if it "clicks"

The following are just my opinions... not sure if i am correct lol.

@DevBike I have tried to play with settings and nothing. So far what worked for me if the lights dont light up, I change the USB 2.0 header

@SongJiHyoZ I have quadruple-checked if everything is plugged correctly and nothing :/. I tried looking for older version of iCue, but I couldnt find it :/

• 3 weeks later...

So after some time update. I have purchased additional 3-pack HD120 rgb fans (comes with fan hub) as awell as lighting nopro extension 4x rgb strips (comes with nopro) I fiddled around tried changing nopros, hubs etc. nothing helped. ( i have both of them plugged in) I turned it on, all strips turned on, along with 2.5 out of 5 fans ( I am not joking some turned 1 led light, and some turned like less than half). I switched the 2.0 headers, fans turned on just okay with the front case strip but the actual RGB strips didnt. so I switched them back and everything lighted up. gentleman at the corsair told me to change 2.0 header. like am I supposed to be changing the headers every single time? at this moment I am starting to get really pissed off....

edit: the only thing that I havent changed is motherboard (which I am definitely NOT gonna be buying just because of the RGB issue).

It is not molex and yeah I tried that second thing. Instead of full shutdown I just hibernated the PC and once I got home from work everything lighted up. So i wont be shutting down the computer just hibernating it and restarting it once or twice a week for any updates. I just dont have mood for changing the 2.0 headers every time. (the screws on the side panels are actually getting worn off)

Archived