Corsair Community

Failed to create OPENGL context

NCMOLegend

I installed iCue and when I try to start it, I get an error that it can't create opengl context for format QSurfaceFormat. ( look at image link at the bottom for the full error ) I searched google for a bit and couldn't find an answer. The best I could find was "update your graphics card" which I always have up to date using Geforce Experience. (1080 TI).

The weird part is down at the bottom of the error ( I attached an image for reference ) it says if you can't install a driver that doesn't have OpenGL, make sure you have those three libraries in System Path or the executable's directory and iCue already comes with those in the executable's directory.

If anyone could help me figure this out, that would be great.

Some more info:

GeForce Driver: 391.35

Corsair Link: 4.9.6.19 ( Latest Version )

iCue: 3.1.131

I tried uninstalling all graphics drivers with Display Driver Uninstaller and reinstalling and nothing changed.

Link to image displaying error

https://imgur.com/a/GLeGp

Yeah. Fully updated with Windows and with NVIDIA GeForce drivers. Just tried reinstalling and same problems.

When I try starting CUE the error message pops up, K70 Lux Keyboard starts doing the wave function, and the Harpoon mouse works normally but on base settings (middle button changes color/speed). After I click "okay" on error window, the keyboard lighting freezes in one line wherever the wave last was and the mouse stays the last color/setting but is then un-changeable.

A quick google search shows this error is related to old files and some people were able to resolve it with this tool: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

No luck. 100% sure DDU worked, and other things with OpenGL work, but CUE still just giving me the error message. Not sure what to do other than uninstall and run on base settings... Please post any other suggestions!

I have my drivers all up to date. The opengl nvidia page just ends up leading you to down geforce experience.

I said in my original post that I had already tried using DDU because I also did a search on google and found that some people said that uninstalling and reinstalling your drivers would work but it didnt help

Edit. Just checked with GLView. I have openGL 4.6

Tried creating a profile for CUE under Manage 3D Settings > Program settings and setting the GPU as the OpenGL rendering GPU in Nvidia Control Panel?

Good idea but no luck. Can't find in "applications installed" list or in full list. tried going into global settings and changing OpenGl Rendering GPU from "AutoSelect" to "GeForce GTX 1080" but still no luck.

Hi

Just wanted to quickly mention that I have the same problem.

It started appearing after I updated CUE. Is there a site with the older software versions?

I would like to see if the problem was related to the update.

AliSot2000

Hi all,

Just registered an account to report that I'm having an identical issue to NCMO. (Win 7, 1080 Ti, all software up-to-date, same error screen)

This all seemed to occur during the most recent 391.35 drivers update from Nvidia. Tried reinstalling CUE to no avail.

Looking for advice or insight - thanks!

Is everyone with this issue running 391.35?

No, I am having this problem with 390.41 as well. I hadn't updated to 391.35 yet. I am also not using the early access build since I just realized this is a early access thread..

(found this thread from a google search)

No, I am having this problem with 390.41 as well. I hadn't updated to 391.35 yet. I am also not using the early access build since I just realized this is a early access thread..

(found this thread from a google search)

So you are having this issue with CUE 2.x? Can you please specify which version you are running?

So you are having this issue with CUE 2.x? Can you please specify which version you are running?

I'm using 2.23.40

Edit: This error started when I first installed Duet Display that lets you use your iPad as an extra monitor through USB. It uses a display driver (OSBASE idisplay) and I noticed that CUE also uses "Corsair Service Display Adapter", could there be some conflict there? The error still pops up whether Duet is on or not but it was pretty immediate as soon as Duet was installed boom error.

I'm using 2.23.40

Edit: This error started when I first installed Duet Display that lets you use your iPad as an extra monitor through USB. It uses a display driver (OSBASE idisplay) and I noticed that CUE also uses "Corsair Service Display Adapter", could there be some conflict there? The error still pops up whether Duet is on or not but it was pretty immediate as soon as Duet was installed boom error.

Extremely interesting! I just installed Duet Display within hours of the error first appearing for me. There seems to be a connection here. Will try uninstalling Duet and report back (not worth the money anyway, functionally unusable IMO).

Edit: Success! Uninstalling Duet immediately resolved the issue and Utility Engine is working again. Thanks Mattts!

Extremely interesting! I just installed Duet Display within hours of the error first appearing for me. There seems to be a connection here. Will try uninstalling Duet and report back (not worth the money anyway, functionally unusable IMO).

I think Im gonna keep it. I believe I uninstalled Duet once and the error still occurred so I dont know. Not having Cue is getting quite annoying though.

The "Corsair Service Display Adapter" isn't related to OpenGL. This service is for monitoring your GPU.

And mattts1 ... considering that Duet inserts itself into the display subsystem, it's absolutely plausible that this is causing the issue. I would suggest that you confirm that it doesn't work. Uninstall Duet, reboot and see if it happens again.

Yes, uninstalling Duet Display fixes the problem but that isn't a viable solution. I hope one of you can fix the problem. I spent money on both of you. (the mouse obviously, and the ipad app)

Btw, youre welcome Merkelis!

• Corsair Employee

Has anyone tried simply disabling hardware acceleration of iCUE using NVIDIA Control Panel? If so, please try and report back (I'm currently unable to test this).

Edit: Just got home to my PC to see if I could do this, turns out I'm not able to do this through NVIDIA Control Panel (I totally thought you could).

Archived