Corsair Community

CUE 1.16.42 won't detect my K95 after PC wakes up

I'm running FW 1.33 and CUE 1.16.42. My K95 is connected directly to my motherboard's USB 3.0 port, and I am only using the single USB 3.0 connection on my K95 cable.

If I put my computer to sleep and then wake it up, CUE no longer detects the keyboard. The keyboard still works (sans any CUE based remappings), but CUE is clueless. Restarting CUE fixes the problem.

Any tips on repairing this?

tbh i tend to not use my usb3 ports, to many issues IMO try plugging it into a normal usb 2.0 :) see if that fixzes the issue.. :D

I did already, but had similar results. I ended up just reverting to v1.13 to fix the problem.

I, too, am suffering from this problem ever since I installed the firmware update. One temporary solution that I discovered was to reconnect both USBs to different slots. The CUE then picks up on it and I gain access to the profiles as well as CUE detection.

However, this is only short-term. You have to reattach the USBs to different slots every time you restart your comp. I may have to reinstall the old firmware until a solution is made.

Shame.

I have this same issue with CUE 1.16.42 and the Strafe RGB. After sleep, the device is not recognized in CUE. Running latest firmware. Unplugging and replugging works. I even disabled the Power Management (do not allow Windows to power down the device).

It should be noted that this is after a "long" sleep, like overnight. If it's just a few hours CUE will resume like normal. Odd bug.

@IBNobody

Your motherboard has a third party USB 3.0 controller.

You will want to make sure the keyboard is plugged into a Intel USB 3.0 port instead. You can refer to your motherboard's user manual for information on which port is controlled by which.

You can also try updating your USB 3.0 drivers and see whether that resolves your problem.

• 3 weeks later...
@IBNobody

Your motherboard has a third party USB 3.0 controller.

You will want to make sure the keyboard is plugged into a Intel USB 3.0 port instead. You can refer to your motherboard's user manual for information on which port is controlled by which.

You can also try updating your USB 3.0 drivers and see whether that resolves your problem.

My motherboard uses an Intel USB 3.0 controller. I am running the latest drivers and am still having problems. I went back to 1.16.42

Plus, a new one has popped up... Now my remapped keys no longer work and CUE crashes when trying to change them.

Delete the %appdata%\Corsair\hid folder. This will reset CUE and then try recreating your key assignments.

I've already done this once and the problem comes back eventually. This is painful because I am trying to use an alternate keyboard layout and I don't want to have to rebind my keys. I've tried reloading an export without success.

Is there a better way?

EDIT: Rebooting fixes the issue, but it is extremely annoying to have to reboot to use the keyboard.

Archived