Corsair Community

Hi all,

First, I would like to wish happy thanksgiving to all. Please help me with this problem.

My media keys do not function in games, such as league of legends etc. They do in fact work outside of the game. Is there a solution to this problem where i can skip a song without having to alt+tab out of game?

Thank you all for your time.

Corsair seem to handle media key in a VERY different and unnecessary way to others. I upgraded from a razor to a K95 RGB, where the razor keyboards media and volume keys just worked with or without the drivers installed. My K95 media keys seem random at best and the volume has NEVER turned windows volume down at all whereas the razors volume just worked. I have not been able to get my media keys to work on anything other that the window that is in focus, and if thats the case i could just use focused windows GUI.

Corsair seem to handle media key in a VERY different and unnecessary way to others. I upgraded from a razor to a K95 RGB, where the razor keyboards media and volume keys just worked with or without the drivers installed. My K95 media keys seem random at best and the volume has NEVER turned windows volume down at all whereas the razors volume just worked. I have not been able to get my media keys to work on anything other that the window that is in focus, and if thats the case i could just use focused windows GUI.

The reason for that is because on the corsair keyboard you can rebind any key to be anything. Not even kidding on the anything part. the y button can be pause/play and the pause /play button can be a m with the m key being the y. Its this reason it works a little differently.

• 1 year later...

hello. exact same problem. I finally figured it out. I followed the directions in the online user manual pdf.

http://softwaredownloads.corsair.com/Files/Gaming-Keyboards/Corsair-Gaming-RGB-Keyboards-Software-User-Manual.pdf?udrid=rklesxkjarlanolyffgc

Pages 129-128.

I followed those instructions on choosing the media player. The volume worked but not the multimedia keys. I had to go into the Corsair Utility Engine and manually assign each key.

Start on Profiles> right click on a media keys (F9-f12) and select ASSIGN NEW ACTION> from the new popup screen select Media Controls on the left > then choose what you want it to do (i used the same as on the keys, F12="next track" for the name).

Thats it. do it for each of the four media keys. one note: You have to NAME each action at the top where you select the action, or it wont let you click ok, but i doesn't tell you that. Like a dork, I was trying to figure that one out forever! I just typed "next track", "previous", "play/pause", ect. as the name for each.

Hard to find how to do it, but once you get in there, its very obvious. and BAM!!!! No more going out to control the player. finally!! Now, I did this on a PC, but I'm assuming the corsair utility engine probably works the same for MAC (I'm also assuming you use iTunes on a MAC, I mean really, one of the lamest music management programs ever! I use Media Monkey on both my gaming PC and my giant MAC)

Archived