Corsair Community

Corsair H80i not showing in Corsair Link

Paradox187

I have a H80i and it is not showing up in the Link software.

I have reinstalled it many times and also dropped down to earlier versions and installed 5 others to try and get it to work, none of them helped.

Overall the Link software is confusing to use and not user friendly. I have a case fan that is running too fast but changing the speed on Link (Configure, Notifications, Max Value) does nothing at all.

The biggest problem right now is Link does not see the H80i

On the H80i, try going to Device Manager. Locate "Corsair USBXp Driver" under USB Connections. Disable and then enable the device.

Regarding the case fan ... is that connected to the motherboard? If so, Link won't be able to control its speed. You'll need to control it via your motherboard (BIOS, etc.)

On the H80i, try going to Device Manager. Locate "Corsair USBXp Driver" under USB Connections. Disable and then enable the device.

Regarding the case fan ... is that connected to the motherboard? If so, Link won't be able to control its speed. You'll need to control it via your motherboard (BIOS, etc.)

That did the trick :)

I was researching that fix for hours.

I changed a setting inside the Bios to XMP or something like that and it regulated that problem fan.

One other question.

The motherboard section is showing 12 seperate temperatures, how can I tell what each one of them represents.

Also showing 4 fans (I only have 3) again how to tell which is which?

That did the trick :)

I was researching that fix for hours.

I changed a setting inside the Bios to XMP or something like that and it regulated that problem fan.

One other question.

The motherboard section is showing 12 seperate temperatures, how can I tell what each one of them represents.

Also showing 4 fans (I only have 3) again how to tell which is which?

Link's display of motherboard sensors is a little ... ummm ... challenged.

BUT ... even if the temps were accurate, there's no good way to tell which is which and that's on the motherboard manufacturers, not Link. There is no standard way for them to provide a sensible description for each temperature sensor. You'll have this problem with any 3rd party monitoring software. This is one of the reasons that I use a Commander Pro ... I know exactly where each sensor is.

As for the fans ... the best way to tell which is which is to stop the fan with your fingers (carefully) or something else and see which one goes to zero.

Link's display of motherboard sensors is a little ... ummm ... challenged.

BUT ... even if the temps were accurate, there's no good way to tell which is which and that's on the motherboard manufacturers, not Link. There is no standard way for them to provide a sensible description for each temperature sensor. You'll have this problem with any 3rd party monitoring software. This is one of the reasons that I use a Commander Pro ... I know exactly where each sensor is.

As for the fans ... the best way to tell which is which is to stop the fan with your fingers (carefully) or something else and see which one goes to zero.

Thank you for the info so far, I have one last question

When I change my fan speed from Balanced to Performance I expected to hear the fans spool up but I got nothing, in fact that fan will not go over 1400 RPM's

Why is this?

I have the pump set to Performance and while I couldn't hear it when I made the change it jumped up to 3000 RPM so I believe the pump is fine.

When I change my fan speed from Balanced to Performance I expected to hear the fans spool up but I got nothing, in fact that fan will not go over 1400 RPM's

Why is this?

I have the pump set to Performance and while I couldn't hear it when I made the change it jumped up to 3000 RPM so I believe the pump is fine.

Yes, it sounds like the pump is fine and that it's powered correctly. However, it doesn't hurt to point out that you need to make sure that the fan header that it is connected to is at 100%/full power to make sure that it has the full 12V. That will affect fan speed as well.

Second, even if that's the case, the speed of your fans is going to depend on the temperature of the coolant (H80i V2 Temp). That's not only normal and expected, but the proper behavior. As your coolant warms up, you should see the fan speeds increase. They will not increase with temporary, short-lived spikes in CPU temperature. At the low end of the temperature curve, the difference between Balanced and Performance, with respect to fan speed, it marginal, at best.

Archived