Corsair Community

corsair void pro (2018, wireless rgb) not working with new windows installation

bedaso

i've reinstalled windows as i got a new motherboard and cpu. this is narrowed down to my drivers that are for it, as if i disconnect the internet to my pc and use my headset there are no issues (this was when i reinstalled windows for the 3rd time trying to fix the issue), and as well, i decided to use a generic driver in device manager to see what it does (using 'software device' instead of 'audio endpoint' in the selection menu, see here: https://ibb.co/Z1fDz2L).

before changing to this, after a random amount of time (a few seconds to an hour or two) audio would stop working, the headset would turn on fine and be detected in icue, however opening the little audio window and testing it by clicking on the audio knob would cause it to freeze instead of it playing any audio, as well some websites like youtube will freeze. this only stopped if i restarted windows, which would start again after said random amount of time. and after changing it my pc runs very slowly, and audio runs fine with it stuttering very bad every 30 seconds to a minute.

i've found this corsair help guide and it did not work despite following every direction: https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360033489511-Fix-Corsair-headset-sound-issues-after-the-Windows-10-build-1903-update-or-an-iCUE-software-update

as well, running with or without corsair icue doesn't have a difference in the matter of things as i still have issues with it. i've also tried to just reinstall the drivers and icue to no difference. im at a point where searching for my issue returns nothing and i have to buy a different headset, however i paid a pretty penny for this and don't want it to go to waste so early. if this is a firmware issue with the headset, i wont be able to fix it as the cable that came to charge and update it is damaged and won't function, i have other cords just like it (albeit not corsair brand) and they do not function when using them for updating the headset as icue is stuck at 0% and demands a corsair charging cable. also as well i've tried using front panel/back panel usb with no difference

edit: it seems that the drivers have gone back to the previous state with the 'audio endpoint', however instead of it stopping randomly it will now restart. this happened once so far and currently writing this after it happened

Edited by bedaso
grammar and extra info

• Corsair Employee
Are you using the generic USB drivers for windows or have you tried downloading the ones from the motherboard manufacturer? If you have another PC/Laptop available I would try connecting the void headset to it and see if you still have connection issues.