Corsair Community

Corsair 1000D Build Upgrade Questions (Fan Lighting/Motherboard Suggestions)

YamiOkami

Hey guys.

So I bought the 1000D used off a friend (It was $300, and honestly that's why I decided to do it). I have some pretty clear cut questions because with everything being so modular, I haven't been able to find clear answers online. Just suggestions.

For starters I have:

1x Commander Pro

2x Lightning Node Pro.

8x LL120 RGB Fans (Front)

1x LL140 (Top)

2x HD140 (Top)

+H115i Platinum RGB

So RGB:

2x Rear

3x Top

8xFront

What corsair utilities would I need to wire all of these and have them fully customizable in iCUE? I saw diagrams of similar setups but I am just too stupid to figure out how many commander pros or rgb hubs I would need.

Secondly, I am also upgrading my processor to the Ryzen 3900x, which means a motherboard change. I was looking at the Asus X570-E and would like to know if it's compatible with a 13 fan RGB setup, or is there another one I should go for.

I wish I could understand this better :/

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Motherboard won't matter as USB and SATA powers everything involved with these setups it may alter if you need a splitter or an extra adapter depending on what the motherboard is able to power.

I have the same 13 fan setup you have suggested but it sorta matters what you care about etc, let me try to explain!

First you need to ask yourself to you care about monitoring fan speeds and fan speed regulation? If the answer is no or that you don't care if they run at 100% all the time I would go ahead and purchase some cheap Molex splitter to 4x fan adapters from amazon, this will take care of the power entirely. With the amount of Node Pros you have you would just need Fan Hubs (6x fan connector that goes into the Node Pro or Commander Pro channel) and RGB Splitters if you wanted to get specific lighting patterns (if you don't care or plan on solid color then this doesn't matter and saves more money).

CHEAPEST ROUTE:

2 to 3x fan splitters (4 fans) to Molex adapter (if your motherboard has fan powers you can use those)

2x RGB fan Hub + 1 rgb splitter for the uneven fan OR 3x RGB Fan Hubs

If you wanted to "fancier" setup let me know I can tell you how I have mine configured. I wanted full fan monitoring and control based on temps. In addition I setup to have my RGB front panel on my 1000d to be identical so the 4 fans going up on the left match the right with RGB splitters etc. I'll go into more detail if you're interested otherwise the cheap method above is the best option to get it "working" If you need a diagram I can help after I figure out what you're aiming for.