Corsair Community

Bypass Corsair Link - Opinion

7thPepe

Hello guys.

I using an H80i V2 on a Intel 7700k Kaby Lake and an Asus ROG Strix Z270E Gaming mobo. The problem is that the mobo program conflicts a lot with Corsair Link.

To resolve the conflict, and as I trust more in the BIOS than in the pump to control the fans, I've been thinking of linking the fans on CPU_FAN and CPU_OPT and the bomb on AIO_PUMP.

So, I would uninstall the Corsair Link and let the BIOS do all the work without conflicts.

What do you think?

Thanks

Yes, that's fine. Just keep in mind the fans help remove heat from the coolant, not cool the CPU directly. You will be forced to tie the fan speed to CPU temp, VRM temp, or something similar in the BIOS/AI Suite. A moderate and steady fan speed will do the job, but it will take some tweaking and adjustment of the spin up/down delays to make it so the fans don't race up and down needlessly.

What conflicts are you seeing between Corsair Link and the AI Suite? After a bit of tweaking, I've gotten mine running smoothly.

Using the optional add-on Temp Sensor, at low (but all-day) usage, the case temp of the air used for the cooler is +4C over ambient, coolant temp is about +2C over that. The cooler's fans are controlled by the liquid temp rather than the CPU temp (as they are cooling the liquid, not the CPU) with CL and I used AI Suite's Fan XPert to create custom fan profiles for case fans based on motherboard and/or Temp Sensor 1 temperatures.

What conflicts are you seeing between Corsair Link and the AI Suite? After a bit of tweaking, I've gotten mine running smoothly.

Using the optional add-on Temp Sensor, at low (but all-day) usage, the case temp of the air used for the cooler is +4C over ambient, coolant temp is about +2C over that. The cooler's fans are controlled by the liquid temp rather than the CPU temp (as they are cooling the liquid, not the CPU) with CL and I used AI Suite's Fan XPert to create custom fan profiles for case fans based on motherboard and/or Temp Sensor 1 temperatures.

Hi @DevBiker,

The Corsair Link shows the fan at 0rpm even though it is running and does not show the CPU temperature. If I keep only the CL running, I noticed that it does not speed up the fan when needed.

The only way I found was to set the CL to keep the fan at full speed and AI Suite 3 controlling everything; for that, I need to leave the 2 programs running. In this way, there is the fan acceleration when the PCU is required.

For monitoring I decided to use HWMonitor, as I think it is more reliable than AI Suite 3.

Hi @DevBiker,

The Corsair Link shows the fan at 0rpm even though it is running and does not show the CPU temperature. If I keep only the CL running, I noticed that it does not speed up the fan when needed.

The only way I found was to set the CL to keep the fan at full speed and AI Suite 3 controlling everything; for that, I need to leave the 2 programs running. In this way, there is the fan acceleration when the PCU is required.

For monitoring I decided to use HWMonitor, as I think it is more reliable than AI Suite 3.

CL has known (well documented here) issues with Kaby Lake ... that's not to do with your board.

I don't know if you've done the fan auto-tuning but when I did, the Asus Fan XPert basically "gave up" on the CPU fan. As I mentioned, in the BIOS, I set this to PWM, 100% and I've had no issues. I did see the fans at 0 ... and they weren't running ... when I has this misconfigured. With that said, there are also known issues with the USB drivers (again, well detailed here) so that may be what you are seeing here.

temps.thumb.PNG.97ff135da56d5bd7eae99b8a185dd692.PNG

Archived