Corsair Community

Why Air 540 can fit only 2 - 3,5 drives

PiVoR

The 540 comes with a 4 bay mounted on the chamber side above the Psu that holds 4 ssd's,you can also get a [like I did] 3 bay hotswap bay and mount it above the Psu.

You still have 1 5.25 bay that can handle a 2.5 and 3.5 combo and of course you have the 2 5.25 bays on the main side.

You can also get a pci card that can hold 3-4 ssd's for a raid...

that's 15 drives

There wouldnt be a problem if it was that easy ^^.

The issue is that I need one optical drive, so i can put one hdd into 5,25 bay but im still left with one more. SSDs can go whatever but theres also an option that i will expand my array with another 2 HDDs.

There wouldnt be a problem if it was that easy ^^.

The issue is that I need one optical drive, so i can put one hdd into 5,25 bay but im still left with one more. SSDs can go whatever but theres also an option that i will expand my array with another 2 HDDs.

The 540 accommodates 3 5.25's from the factory,,there's 2 on the bottom of the m/b side...

adding my suggested hotswap bay is nothing more than using 2 sided tape to secure to the Psu

You can face it inwards which means when removing a drive would also require removing the side cover or...

simple removing enough mesh in the rear to gain access to the drives,this mod is level entry to do,very easy...

True but the op is using a optical drive which frees the other 5.25 for a hdd

I know it's the ''factory'' comment that was made but the 5.25 does accommodate the hdd w/out mods,seems I need to critique myself even more to avoid being over analyzed;):

Archived