Corsair Community

Many issues with a new H100i GTX unit...

Allausorus

Hi,

Okay so I run this cooler on a i5 2500k I was able to push at 4.8GHZ / 1.450V with my former Noctua air cooler, with the Corsair it just won't "get overclocked" even though I have everything set up in the BIOS.

I tested many times but yeah everything is set to the overclocking I choosed but when I try some CPU stressing on Windows, CPUZ indicate that the speed stays at stock at maximum load. The voltage however is indeed indicated at 1.450V as I set it in the BIOS.

Another issue is since I installed the unit, my PC WON'T boot normally, it get stuck just before I am able to normally choose my boot option (I have a multi-boot config), when there is the black screen with the little dash. But it's not a freeze, it's just stuck indefinitely at this step. The ONLY way I found to boot is to press F8 during the Asus EZ panel and choose to boot through my secondary hard drive (the first is my SSD boot), and then I am able to choose between my two Windows, and they both work.

Well I also had a pretty insane pump noise at first, I had to dig into forums to see that it's apparently an air bubble issue, I taped the whole unit a bit and it's way better...

This is the "worst" product I have ever purchased considering all the issues encountered at the beginning. Everything is connected properly into the CPU FAN slot, USB thing connected to the pump, Corsair LINK installed, temps are normal...

Thx for your help I am really disappointed with this product.

Archived