Corsair Community

XD5 Pump Connection Question

bsanders03

I have the XD5 Pump and I am setting this up. I have a question regarding the wires coming off of this. It says to "Connect the XD5 RGB's 4-Pin fan connector into Fan Port # 6 on my commander pro".

With that being said, I currently have 6 fans in my system. Obviously I want to control all of my fans using iCue. If this is the case, will I need to set up a 2nd commander pro to do so? or is there a way around this?

All 6 ports are being used currently on my commander pro by my fans. I don't think I can connect to a spot on my motherboard, cause if so then won't I lose the control with iCue for that?

2nd question..

There are 2 wires coming from the top of the pump.

Labeled....

Direct attach "in"

Daisy chain "to next"

I am assuming I just need to connect to one of these for RGB control? But which one?

Any help will be great. TY

554195111_ScreenShot2019-09-12at10_20_04AM.thumb.png.170f96c98ffba126e94ab919830f865f.png

Pretty sure the "daisy chaining" is only meant to do CPU/GPU/Pump and nothing else. Like Caedros said, just get a Y splitter. I got a couple off of Amazon for a few bucks and have the top 2 of my case tied to it since they're on my 240 rad.

EDIT: Sorry. Thought I read you saying you were going to try to daisy a fan or something to it. Been a looooong day for me. lol

I am looking on Corsair website for the y-splitter. Do you have a link to it by chance?

So, I can connect my CPU RBG cord to it?

I also have the GPU block as well. So I can daisy chain all 3 together and just run 1 of those plugs to the commander pro right?

Here's the y-splitter cable: https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Accessories-|-Parts/PC-Components/Cooling/Hydro-Series%E2%84%A2-H75-H105-Fan-Y-Header-Cable/p/CW-8960019

Yes, just connect pump-res to Commander PRO RGB channel first, then GPU block to female (daisy chain) connector on pump-res and lastly add a CPU block (the latter is the only one that doesn't have daisy chaining ability and should be connected last).

See YT video here: [ame]

[/ame]