Corsair Community

H100i GTX not being recognized at all

MuffinMan227

I just got my h100i gtx and hooked it all into my system. When I power on my computer the cooler turns on but sounds like its running at 100% fan speed. I installed C-link and my temps are reading for CPU, GPU, MB, HDD and SSD but there isn't anything that shows or even indicates that the pump or fans are in the system (according to Corsair Link).

I have gone to my device manager and looked to see if its even being recognized by the MB as a USB device and it doesn't appear to be. I switched out the Header it was in on the mother board with the one that the case USB's were hooked into (which i know work) and it still isn't in Device Manager.

Am I missing something or am I going to have to RMA this?

I expect this is the root cause of the issue. You need to either Disable Smart Fan control or tell the BIOS it's a 4-pin PWM fan. Unless you can do one of these then the H100iGTX will not get the power it needs to work.

I would suggest you refer to your motherboard's user manual for instruction on controlling individual fan headers on the motherboard. If that is not possible, it may be best to use a molex to 3-pin though i am not sure whether that will work or not.

Archived