Corsair Community

Manual for CUE?

PDX_Dragon

Hi Folks:

I don't find the CUE software for my new K70 LUX RGB to be particularly intuitive.

I've looked here and found the quick start guide with the CUE software.

Please point me to a site that describes how I can use CUE to design my own light behavior. If there's another interface, perhaps through C++ code, I'd be interested in that too.

Thanks

Larry

• Corsair Employee

Hello Larry,

There is no manual on how to use CUE, although there are plenty of youtube videos created by users which might help. Perhaps if it's something simple, maybe we can provide you with instructions here. What kind of lighting are you trying to achieve?

Thanks Henry:

Do all versions of CUE have a consistent interface? Or should I be looking for videos that describe CUE after a certain version number or date, or for a range of model names of K70 keyboards?

My first goal is to have a nice comfortable static color of my choice across the entire keyboard.

I appreciate any suggestions, but I'm particularly interested in learning how to do my own settings.

Larry

Thanks Alex:

That gets me started.

I'm using static color, which is really all I need for now.

Once I've set a color for the whole keyboard, how do I apply additional colors, statically, for a few selected keys?

You need to add a new lighting layer for each static color you want to use.

Thanks Terabyte:

I believe You are referring to "Lighting Effects", rather than "Lighting Layer".

My keyboard had a nice solid color when I logged in. Thanks Krazykid.

After setting up my solid background I added a lighting effect for my "W", "A", "S" and "D" keys, with a second color. That works. Apparently the keyboard is painted with the last lighting effect, and each effect that proceeds it takes precedence.

My most pressing issue right now happens when I log out, turn off the computer, or the computer times out and powers itself down. Apparently power continues to be passed to the keyboard. The keys turn red, with white "WSAD" and arrow keys.

It's cool that the keyboard, or the CUE software, recognizes when I'm no longer logged in.

Can I change this logged out behavior? I think going dark would be nice.

Thanks Again

Larry

Thanks Terabyte:

I believe You are referring to "Lighting Effects", rather than "Lighting Layer".

My keyboard had a nice solid color when I logged in. Thanks Krazykid.

After setting up my solid background I added a lighting effect for my "W", "A", "S" and "D" keys, with a second color. That works. Apparently the keyboard is painted with the last lighting effect, and each effect that proceeds it takes precedence.

My most pressing issue right now happens when I log out, turn off the computer, or the computer times out and powers itself down. Apparently power continues to be passed to the keyboard. The keys turn red, with white "WSAD" and arrow keys.

It's cool that the keyboard, or the CUE software, recognizes when I'm no longer logged in.

Can I change this logged out behavior? I think going dark would be nice.

Thanks Again

Larry

Yes, Create a blank profile with no lighting. Then click the hamburger icon next to the profile selector. And save to device memory. The icon that a memory card.

Thank you!! I love the K70 but was about to return it to Amazon because of a lack of a manual for Cue 2.xx. I have now reinstalled Cue 2.xx and have been able to configure the keyboard to my liking. Honestly I love Corsair products but this K70 was going back tomorrow because without a manual I could not figure Cue out. Thanks again.

Archived