Corsair Community

TazS

Hello, apologies for any improper spelling or punctuation, im currently using my on screen keyboard to type this. About 30 minutes ago my K95 platinum began acting as if something was laying on it, pressing f5, f1, shift f, escape and other various keys/combinations. this increased in severity until i was unable to operate my computer thus causing me to force shutdown (after a failed restart attempt when the escape key was acting as if it were held down) afterwards my keyboard would not light up nor register my keystrokes (although it was also no longer siezing). after attempting an icue software update followed by trying to update drivers for my keyboard (within icue the keyboard would disappear at random although it had a red triangle in the bottom left) and the keyboard driver update, and the memory wipe both failing, the keyboard then lit up but still did not register my key inputs. i then unplugged the keyboard, held the escape key and have been waiting for it to blink for the past 15 minutes. the keyboard is currently lit up red with white across the top and has not changed. when i first did this the keyboard no longer lit up when i released the escape key. i am unsure what else to do. please help. i have attached the most recent export of my system logs and info which i took right before typing this. thank you in advance for any help provided

I think it's time to contact Corsair Support for this. When you start getting random key output, something is definitely wrong. The red triangle is unfortunately more of a generic error warning and someone will need the logs. Click the "enable debug logging" in the settings if you have not done so already.

The instructions for the soft/hard reset of the keyboard is below. My reading of your post lead me to believe you have already done this. However, it is going to be the first thing tech support instructs you to do. So if has already been done, make specific mention of it in your support ticket and save one back and forth.

https://help.corsair.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025465031-How-to-Reset-your-keyboard