Corsair Community

SP120 RGB Fans & Controller

brionl

I've just upgraded my mobo & case, and I bought some of the SP120 RGB fans to stick into it. I've got it up and running fine now, but the little 3 button thingie that comes with the fan-lighting controller only offers limited options.

The ASUS B350-F mobo I've got has a couple of 4-pin RGB lighting header connectors. Can I plug the fan controller into there and then use the iCue program to control them?

I've just upgraded my mobo & case, and I bought some of the SP120 RGB fans to stick into it. I've got it up and running fine now, but the little 3 button thingie that comes with the fan-lighting controller only offers limited options.

The ASUS B350-F mobo I've got has a couple of 4-pin RGB lighting header connectors. Can I plug the fan controller into there and then use the iCue program to control them?

No. You'll need a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro in order to control them with iCue.

Attempting to connect the fan hub to those motherboard headers may also blow out your fan hub and/or the fans ... don't do it. Many of the motherboard headers are 12V and those fans take 5V power.

• Corsair Employee
No. You'll need a Commander Pro or Lighting Node Pro in order to control them with iCue.

Attempting to connect the fan hub to those motherboard headers may also blow out your fan hub and/or the fans ... don't do it. Many of the motherboard headers are 12V and those fans take 5V power.

As DevBiker has mention, highly not recommended. It'll often blow out LEDs on the fans.

Archived