Corsair Community

heaven93

Hello Everyone ,

This is my first post on this forum and i'm looking for help.

My issue is probably known but there's no shame to give more details about it while hoping for a solution.

Anyways , my issue is i have 4 Corsair Fans ( LL 120 x 4 ) installed in my case , One of them is oftenly working perfectly and the 3 others are whether turned off for no reason or Bugged ( the RGB stutters , bugs , the lighting effect stops etc.. )

Current Situation :

The First Fan is working fine

The Second Fan : One Half is turned off , the second half is working ( weird, i know )

The 2 Other remaining fans are actually OFF.

PS : The Fans are Spinning , this post is only about the RGB LED.

IF you are going to ask me if i followed the instructions of how to install the fans ( cables , SATA Power , LNP , HUB , SOFTWARE ( iCue ) ) , Yes , everything is well connected and installed how it should be ;): .

Looking forward to see if there's any saviour out there.

Have a Good and wonderful Day/Night , Thanks.

Little Update - More Info :

PS no° 2 : The Original LL120 Bundle seemed faulty , i received a new bundle in order to fix the issue but it doesn't seem to do any good. I'll Keep my Hopes High tho :) .

Edited by heaven93

Hey Zotty ! Thanks for the quick Reply !

Sorry if i forgot to mention this above ( i will edit the post to add this information ) , But , Intially i got my first Bundle of LL120 x3 + Hub + LNP from Amazon ( sorry if i had to mention this ) , after couple months , the issue kept occuring until it bothered me . Recently , i've spoke to the Chat Support about this exact issue and they sent me a new Bundle because somehow it's faulty even if i did what i had to do to fix it , After getting the new bundle , i've installed everthing correctly ( i'm a techy guy ) , changing the fans or the equipments didn't fix the original problem , that's why i am here , to see if there is any indept solution . Thanks Once again for the reply !

Direct sata connection? no splitters or molex to sata etc?.. also by ports i meant on the RGB Fan LED hub.... you can't miss any ports out on it. its a Dumb device thats basically a 6 port splitter. data goes to fan one.., returns to hub so it can travel to fan 2.. back to hub then onto fan 3.. so on and so forth. so ports have to be used in order.... i have to ask dude.. no stone unturned and all that

@Zotty , Yes , Sata Cable coming from My PSU do have 2 Sata Headers and 1 Molex , so the 2 Sata Power Headers are connected to the RGB Fan Led Hub and the LNP and they are well connected.

Fan 1 is connected to Port 1 in the Hub , Fan 2 in the Port 2 etc ..

Sure thing , take your time asking people .

Thanks Once again for the reply :) !

humour me and give me a screen shot of Lighting channel one bud,, i suspect you know what you are doing but i am running out of options now....

if you had the problem and then completely removed all that kit and replaced it all with a new pack and the problem is still there then i cant see it being hardware.. very unlikely 2 lots would have exactly the same issue...

@Zotty , it seems like that your diagnosis was on point , the Fan 2 was faulty ! and it was the source of the issue indeed ! i replaced it and now the RGB is synced between all the fans ! Thank You so Much for your help and assistance ! +1 For you Kind Sir.

My Regards.

This Issue has been solved by replacing a Faulty Fan by a New one.

Guidance Provided by @Zotty.

I have a similar problem! I have 4 LL120 RGB fans, 1 of them is lit only the inner RGB, if I put it on port 3 or 4 stops working, if I put on port 2 o 3 and 4 stop working and if I put on port 1 none works! Do you think you could be the defective fan? Or the firmware that is corrupted? I can't reset lighting node pro and downgrade either.

I have a similar problem! I have 4 LL120 RGB fans, 1 of them is lit only the inner RGB, if I put it on port 3 or 4 stops working, if I put on port 2 o 3 and 4 stop working and if I put on port 1 none works! Do you think you could be the defective fan? Or the firmware that is corrupted? I can't reset lighting node pro and downgrade either.

Yes, that's a defective fan.

The fans operate in series so one bad on can take the rest out downstream.

I imagine it really is! The solution until another one arrived was to leave it in the last slot, so everyone works correctly and it finally gets lit up! Also on the same day I had problems with the new version of iCue, my GPU was no longer recognized by windows. How much headache I had.