Corsair Community

P256 does not work correctly

23april

I have a P256 and was very satisfied. But yesterday I tried to install Windows 7 prof. 64bit. I failed and got a lot of blue screens. Then I used HDD Erase and tried it once again - the same result = bluescreen.

But with my old HDD built in my Laptop (Sony Vaio Z31WN) once again everthing went good. I could install Win 7 and it works.

What can I do. Is there a possibility to RMA the P256 - but I am from Austria (Europe).

Try using DISKPART to erase your drive (no need to format it or create partitions with it, just clean it) and then let Windows 7 loose on your drive and allow it to go through the installation process without you doing anything. Hopefully that should work.

Make sure that your SSD is on Sata Port 1, your CD drive on the last Sata port and then anything else on ports working back from your CD drive. See what happens.

Thank your for your reply. I deleted all partitions with my win 7 DVD then I started with my Vista DVD and ran diskpart. Afterwards I started with my win 7 DVD again. Now my laptop seems to work fine ...

I can really not imagine why it works now but I am happy.

Archived