Corsair Community

looking for help overclocking ram (b350 tomahawk, ryzen 1600,vengeance 3200mhz)

kevcampbell

looking for anyone that shares the same system specs as me, after my first failed attempt at overclocking ram i would feel more comfortable if i know someone with the exact same specs has achieved an overclock of the ram

at the moment my ram is running at 2133mhz it failed when i tried to overclock it to 3200mhz

my system specs

amd ryzen 1600 stock

msi b350 tomahawk with 7A34v16 bios (E7A34AMS.160)

corsair vengeance lpx 2 x 8gb (16gb) ddr4 3200mhz with a manufacturer code of CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

would be nice to get my 3200mhz ram closer to 3200mhz, i suppose i may not achieve 3200mhz but close to that would be nice, and the steps you took to get the overclock too would be helpful

any help appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

I have the same processor, and same ram (Hynix chips which, as you are having OC problems, is likely what yours are too).

Though I'm using the B350 Gaming Pro, rather than Tomahawk.

What speeds have you tried?

I couldn't get 3200MHz to work reliably either, even with the latest bios.

However 2933MHz was pretty effortless to achieve, and has been completely stable.

p.s. you can use the tool Thaiphoon to find who the chip manufacturer is.

• 2 weeks later...

Same here but with 3000mhz sticks on an ASUS Prime B350.

Been looking for new memory and so far the sticks I have bought did not work either.

Even with the new BIOS update i only get 2800 and that has issue's so i am running 2666mhz atm.

The memory finder does not list B350 or AMD R boards yet so that makes it harder i do have a QVL but it is outdated and does not offer results when i check stores and then use the EAN to pair that on the QVL.

looking for anyone that shares the same system specs as me, after my first failed attempt at overclocking ram i would feel more comfortable if i know someone with the exact same specs has achieved an overclock of the ram

at the moment my ram is running at 2133mhz it failed when i tried to overclock it to 3200mhz

my system specs

amd ryzen 1600 stock

msi b350 tomahawk with 7A34v16 bios (E7A34AMS.160)

corsair vengeance lpx 2 x 8gb (16gb) ddr4 3200mhz with a manufacturer code of CMK16GX4M2B3200C16

would be nice to get my 3200mhz ram closer to 3200mhz, i suppose i may not achieve 3200mhz but close to that would be nice, and the steps you took to get the overclock too would be helpful

any help appreciated

The best i could get was 2933Mhz but I had to Flash B.I.O.S to ver1.50 (downgrade) and select XMP Profile 1.

Archived