Corsair Community

can't upgrade firmware

3three3

Experiencing same readings (128degrees) but figured it was bogus. However, I am getting occasional Blue screen & crash dumps, my BIOS seems to keep losing the Drive & I need to go find it on start up periodically. Also, the Firmware Updater Tool (5.o2) is not seeming to have an effect on my FW Version. Stuck on 1.2 instead of upgrading to 1.3 or so. Can't seem to figure this out.

Very happy with the speed of this drive, but less than satisfied, to say the LEAST, about the issues.

All 6 on-board SATA ports for my MoBo are AMD. The JMicron is for the eSATA & PATA ports. I tried [Run as Admin] but am still stuck on 1.2 Rev. I updated the BIOS just because it was Very overdue, and same.

I noticed they are set to IDE, not AHCI, in BIOS. Would that make the difference? I am not sure what difference it makes other than being able to boot from Optical drives on some ports when set one way vs the other. I know just about enough technically to get my self in over my head. Well, thanks for any insight you may have.

By the way, AHCI is on (set to value=0) in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Msahci.

Archived