Corsair Community

M65: profile does not save into device memory

liho1eye

Just got M65 PRO RGB mouse. Overall pretty good device, but for some reason I can't get my settings (DPI modes, color scheme and button bindings) to stick.

I choose my settings, I select the profile and click "Save profile to device memory". Operation completes and I get the hardware icon next to the profile name. Should be all good, right?

Yet the moment I close the Corsair Utility Engine, mouse reverts to default settings.

Tried things: ran CUE as admin, connected mouse directly to PC (bypassing USB hub), updated firmware.

Worse yet, I can't keep the CUE on, because while it is on AND mouse is connected via USB hub, pointer gets periodic hiccups, as if the mouse just stops working for half a second and them comes back on. Closing CUE resolves that, but loses all my settings.

Windows 10 Home, AMD 8350, 16Gb ram.

Edited by liho1eye
more info

Your motherboard has two USB controllers. One of them is the AMD and the other is Etron.

South Bridge:

Up to 14 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (8 ports on the back panel, 6 ports available through the internal USB headers)

2 x Etron EJ168 chips:

Up to 4 USB 3.0/2.0 ports (2 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)

Source: Gigabyte

You'll want to make sure that you are connecting the mouse to a AMD controlled USB port and see whether that helps. You can find out which port is controlled by what in the motherboard's user manual.

AMD Chipset drivers.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64

Updated AMD drivers.

Tried every USB port I have (plug mouse, start CUE, hit "save to device", unload CUE).

Problem persists.

However I noticed that some setting are saved. The DPI setting seem to be saved, but key bindings and light settings are reset the moment CUE is unloaded.

Not sure if this is expected behavior, but it would be really dumb if it is...

• 3 years later...