Corsair Community

M65 RGB Double click bug

Freaxy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had experienced the double click bug after only 2 weeks of owning the M65. The next day and for about two weeks after that, it seemed to be functioning perfectly.

Yesterday, the issues has returned... and today it is still present.

I must say, that as someone that has been eagerly awaiting the RGB keyboards and mice and seeing them getting delayed for over 6 months due to apparent testing or quality control issues... I'm feeling rather let down.

The keyboard light effects freeze if the caps lock is hit (sometimes just once, sometimes if hit more than once in short succession) and then this so called, precise gaming mouse, doing random double clicks is giving me issues whilst I'm trying to get Uni work done (Photoshop especially)... and to think I was actually looking at other Corsair products for my next PC build... if this is the quality that can be expected across your products, I may have to go back to the other brands.

So the mouse has hardware issues and the keyboard software issues (even though both share the same software)... Judging by the last message, it may not even be worth getting a replacement M65 -_-

Bought this mouse and after 6 weeks it started to do the double click thing.

Got a replacement and after 1 week it's doing the same thing.

GG Corsair ...

My M65 RGB was fine for the first few weeks and then just started doing it from out of nowhere (left mouse button registering 1 click as 2).

Before I even got the M65 RGB (which I had on order for over 2.5 months as it was delayed and delayed and delayed again), I had been checking these forums and saw this issue reported, so I was not too surpised when it happened to mine.

Instead of RMAing the mouse and risking another defective unit (as it appears to be a batch manufacturing defect), I returned it and went with the Sabre. So far, so good....

My M65 RGB just started doing this as well after about 3 weeks of having it. I tried several different things from reinstalling/reflashing to trying different USB ports....to no avail.

What seemed to make the issue stop for me was to very firmly mash the left mouse button. After about 10 or so firm taps on it....I have not had the issue since. It looks like its more than likely a faulty switch? Gonna see how long it continues to work before putting in an RMA.

Bump -- has anyone found a solution to this? I am also considering making an RMA, since my problems are similar to those listed above. I also have a problem where lifting the mouse registers as a "middle click" response, or whatever is assigned to the scroll wheel button.

My M65 RGB just started doing this as well after about 3 weeks of having it. I tried several different things from reinstalling/reflashing to trying different USB ports....to no avail.

What seemed to make the issue stop for me was to very firmly mash the left mouse button. After about 10 or so firm taps on it....I have not had the issue since. It looks like its more than likely a faulty switch? Gonna see how long it continues to work before putting in an RMA.

UPDATE: Mine is still working great with not a single double click since mashing the left click button.

Freaxy, make a RMA here and let me know your ticket number. I'll take care of it for you as I'd like to get the mouse back. If anyone else has this issue too, feel free to do the same. You can also PM me.

Same issue with new M65 RGB. The left button double clicks and the scroll wheel initially responds in opposite direction before correcting itself. I sent PM to Corsair James with RMA number.

CUE 1.2.77

Firmware 1.16

Edited by JeffRakes

• 2 weeks later...

The double-click issue started with my M65 RGB three days after I bought it. This is day five, and now the left mouse button will only work correctly if I hold it down firmly and then release it. If I release the button too soon, it tries to "multi-click" and open whatever the pointer is hovering over several times.

The way the left button feels when I depress it leads me to think this is a hardware issue, and given the number of complaints I've seen about it, I'm just gonna go ahead and take my M65 back and get a refund.

If QA is going to be such an issue for this series of Corsair hardware, I'm starting to think I got lucky in holding off on purchasing that shiny K70. :(: Very disappointing guys.

FLASH EDIT: now the left button is completely jinxed, it simply tries to highlight or select anything the pointer is tracing over no matter what kind of pressure I put on it with my finger. Yeah, this mouse is a piece of junk.

Edited by Dirtman73

Have you tried contacting Corsair James for the new beta firmware that is supposed to fix the double-click?

I got an automatic firmware update this morning, and it seems to have fixed the problem. I'm still leery of keeping this mouse, though - the fact that it worked as intended for three days and then clunked out worries me, firmware issue or not.

Hm, I find this weird, my mouse was perfectly fine since I got it in December, since I got the update yesterday I now have the double clicking problem when I did not have it before updating the software.

:(

I'm wondering if this is a hardware issue after all and Corsair are trying to fix it with a firmware update. Doesn't seem to be working for some people.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like the switches in these mice are ****.

Had mine for 3 weeks and now i can rarely get it to even click.

When it finally clicks it randomly releases on its own which also causes issues espcially in shooters.

considering this being a gaming mouse its not that great honestly

I have use the m65 for about 10month..now i have a prob of right click button have no function randomly..and sometimes the left click botton do the right click button function..and its annoying..before this i tought my desktop got prob..but after i try with other mouse it work fine..this happen of firmware or my mouse need to RMA..help me pls..i love this mouse but now it didnt work as before..

• 2 months later...
Hi all, FW 1.19 is now public and resolves the double click issue. If you have the older FW from me, go ahead and proceed with updating it to 1.19 through CUE.

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=753775&postcount=1

Had the same double click issue with my m65 like everyone else. Did the update (around 5 hours before this post) and so far haven't hade any problems.

Know I'm late to the "party", but just wanted to say the update seems to fix the problem and make it easier for people to maybe find a solution to their problem :)

• 8 months later...