Corsair Community

Spacebar problem

Fillmore Graves

Soacebar worked fine at first, I got this keyboard 6/25/2019 But I have been having issues lately with the sapcebar.

I am thinkin it seems to be something common with corsair spacebars but it very annoying when you play game that have jumping puzzles and the like.

When I press the spacebar in the middle it works fine but when pressing w and taking the spacebar on the left side it doesn't always go down properly and get "stuck" which makes me miss jumps and fail in some of the game I play.

Has anyone found any trick to fix this other than just buying a new keyboard and not buying corsair again?

Here a video I found while googling which shows exactly what is happening on my k55 rgb but on a strafe keyboard.

[ame]

[/ame]

Take the spacebar off and check that nothing is cracked, or if the 2 side stabilizers are ok.

Had another look but this time I used my magnify goggles for when I do soldering on electronics and didn't see any cracks on the two side pins underneath the spacebar key itself.

I did however notice this time that the long metal rod stabilizer wasn't clipping in properly on the far right, I mean it looked snapped in right initially but with magnification I could see it wasn't actually "snapping or clicking" into place.

I bent the metal pin just a little and snapped that side in first, I felt it click in place this time and this seems to have fixed the problem.

I had initially looked for crack but just on the space key itself, thanks for the post Apophis3, It prompted me to use the goggles and check more thoroughly including the keyboard itself. I would never have noticed the metal rod wasn't snapping in place simply by looking without the goggles.