Corsair Community

Lots of Event ID 11 errors

elspxvwcyr

Since installing my Corsair CSSD-F120GB3 drive I have been getting a lot of Event ID 11 errors (see attachment). The message reads "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk2\DR7". Do I need to replace the drive?

Are you certain that harddisk2 is your SSD? There's a whole long thread about these Event 11 errors right over here, but in those cases we are talking about inserting USB sticks.

Search in the MB's manual: no AHCI.Search on MSI's web site: no AHCI. Two searches through all the BIOS screens: no AHCI. BTW the MB is a MSI H55-G43 (MS-7638) Socket LGA1156; BIOS is AMI V1.6 03/02/2011. If AHCI is there they have hidden it well or call it something else.

I got that error as well

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR3. Their is about 4 instances of that. But it was from 8-31-11. And I have not had my USB stick in since then.

But my SSD is in sata port 0. I did have my thumb drive in one of my USB ports could that be it? I also do not have an optical drive installed in my system.

Archived