Corsair Community

6 LL120 Fans + H100i AIO Cooler on Lian Li PC-011D Case

technoob2020

Hey Everyone,

Completely new to PC building, and this is my first build. I am wondering if these Corsair components mentioned in the title be compatible with my motherboard and my build in general. Also, do I need a commander pro or anything else? I will be thankful for any other suggestions or if there is anything I'm forgetting for my build.

Specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i RGB PLATINUM

Motherboard: MSI X570-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard

Memory: Team T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200

Storage: Western Digital Blue 1 TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive

Video Card: MSI GeForce RTX 2060 6 GB VENTUS XS OC Video Card

Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower Case

Power Supply: Antec NeoECO Gold ZEN 600 W 80+ Gold Certified ATX Power

Case Fan: Corsair LL120RGB LED (Three Fans With Lighting Node PRO)

Case Fan: Corsair LL120RGB LED (Three Fans With Lighting Node PRO)

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/wK8bYH

You only need a Commander Pro if you want iCUE software control over fan speed for the 6 LL. You will get this automatically for the 2 radiator fans on the H100i Platinum.

The multi-pack of 3xLL120 will each come with a RGB Lighting Hub (lighting power) and Lighting Node Pro (software interface). You will only need 1 of each and all 6 fans can go on 1 Hub. However, backups are handy, so if there isn't a clear economic savings to buying 3 singles vs the multi-pack, get the multi-pack.

The only thing I will suggest is you take a look at the QL fans from Corsair. It is in effect a double sided LL fan. However, the back side is rather attractive and I am not sure you would say the same for the LL. This becomes a key issue for a lot of O11 owners and gives you full flexibility on how to set up the case. It's a bit painful to realize you've backed yourself into a corner and can't use the LL fans in the way you intended. Take a look at some pictures online of the QL and the LL (front/back). These are very popular for O11 cases, so you can probably find some in use for that box.

What i did on my build with my Lian Li XL is i have 10 ML120 fans. i swapped out the 3 ML fans that came with the Corsair H150i Pro with the same fans i used in my case (ML 120 RED LED's)

7 fans to the commander pro (using 1 Y splitter obviuosly) to get all 7 connected. Set my custom fan curve in iCue under the commander pro settings for these fans.

Then used the other 3 fans for the RAD cooling and set that fan curve up under the H150i settings in iCue.

1.jpg

You only need a Commander Pro if you want iCUE software control over fan speed for the 6 LL. You will get this automatically for the 2 radiator fans on the H100i Platinum.

The multi-pack of 3xLL120 will each come with a RGB Lighting Hub (lighting power) and Lighting Node Pro (software interface). You will only need 1 of each and all 6 fans can go on 1 Hub. However, backups are handy, so if there isn't a clear economic savings to buying 3 singles vs the multi-pack, get the multi-pack.

The only thing I will suggest is you take a look at the QL fans from Corsair. It is in effect a double sided LL fan. However, the back side is rather attractive and I am not sure you would say the same for the LL. This becomes a key issue for a lot of O11 owners and gives you full flexibility on how to set up the case. It's a bit painful to realize you've backed yourself into a corner and can't use the LL fans in the way you intended. Take a look at some pictures online of the QL and the LL (front/back). These are very popular for O11 cases, so you can probably find some in use for that box.

Thanks for the headsup with QL 120 Fans, they are clearly more attractive and i was not aware of that issue. Also, my last question being, will those 6 fans and h100i compatible with my motherboards? If so how do we know if they are compatible... because some motherboards do not have RGB headers etc.. i dont know much about these things, i think you know what i mean

What i did on my build with my Lian Li XL is i have 10 ML120 fans. i swapped out the 3 ML fans that came with the Corsair H150i Pro with the same fans i used in my case (ML 120 RED LED's)

7 fans to the commander pro (using 1 Y splitter obviuosly) to get all 7 connected. Set my custom fan curve in iCue under the commander pro settings for these fans.

Then used the other 3 fans for the RAD cooling and set that fan curve up under the H150i settings in iCue.

1.jpg

Nice build, i am getting the sense that i need commander pro along with my build to set my build up, also why the need of Y splitter? is it because commander pro only supports 6 fans, and you have 7? Thanks

also why the need of Y splitter? is it because commander pro only supports 6 fans, and you have 7? Thanks

Yes,. commander pro only has 6 ports so i had to use a Y splitter. In iCue it only shows 6 fans but the 7th fan runs and changes speed just like the other 6. It was either use a Y splitter or buy a 2nd commander pro or plug it straight into the board fan header which i didn't want to do since i wanted all 7 fans to run at same speeds based off my fan curve.. I went with the cheap option.

Motherboard choice won’t come into this and the Corsair stuff does not run from your board RGB headers. It requires its own power and controller. That’s the RGB hubs and Node Pro or Commander. The QL have a controller and power conduit in one box called a Lighting Node Core that connects via usb 2 instead of proprietary wires to the controller. They can also utilize the usb pass through ports on the Commander.